Remembering Lines

Daniel's P.O.V.

     I walk up to set and go meet up with Emma. She smiles at me and runs up to walk beside me. "Hello Dan how are you?" She asks. "I'm fine, you?" I respond. She hums a bit before replying "I'm good. I'm glad I don't have to wear those buckteeth anymore. They were quite bothersome." I nod. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Those contacts burned a lot. Would not last another day on set if I knew I had to wear them for the rest of the movie." We reach everyone else at the Dursley's house set. J.K., as we were told we were allowed to call her, said that she hadn't realized until she got on set that the house was an exact replica of her old family home. Anyway we walk to the set we sat with the other kids. Today we were focusing more on the Golden Trio then anyone else. We were going to practice the reading of the book where we find about the Philosopher's stone and Nicholas Flamel. We get to the set and talk for awhile. Chris likes to have us all talk to each other before shooting everyday. He wants us to get to know each other better since we will be working with each other for quite some time. There's an open seat next to Tom and another next to Rupert. Emma quickly walks over to the seat next to Tom. I feel something unpleasant in my stomach at the sight. I quickly dismiss whatever this feeling this is and sit next to Rupert. I say hello to everyone and they say hello back. Emma leans a little more to Tom's side. Whenever he's talking Emma puts all her attention on him. She kept trying to get his attention on her. It made me feel uncomfortable to say the least. I talk with Rupert glancing to Tom from time to time. Rupert looks at me a little weirdly but I guess he's going to let whatever this is right now slide. Honestly I don't know what i'm feeling right now. I'm sure it's nothing and it'll pass soon. Chris soon comes over to us and says we'll be practicing today's scene. Rupert, Emma, and I get up to walk in front the book. The camera is pointed towards us and is going to start recording to see how well the scene looks from different angles. We don't have to change into our costumes just yet since we need to be able to say our lines in a fluid motion without random pauses caused by us trying to remember our lines. Emma stands in the middle while I stand on her right and Rupert on her left. She's on a step to make her appear taller than me and Rupert. Rupert slouches forward a bit while I lean towards Emma. Emma tilts her head after Chris tells her to. We look at our scripts a bit more before Chris yells "And Action!" Emma starts us off and I say my lines. Chris is looking at us a bit weirdly but he isn't saying anything yet. Emma responds and it's Rupert's line. He gets trough one line before Chris yells "Cut!" We look up at him to see what we did wrong and how to correct it. He sighs a little before saying that was okay guys. You said your lines but Emma," he turns towards her. "You have to stop mouthing Dan and Rupert's lines." Emma blushes before apologizing. "It's okay but you  got to top that, okay?" She nods her head in response. "Okay, let try this again. Rupert try to sound a little more confused. Dan try to speak up a bit. You're being too quiet. Emma try to tone down the surprise a bit." We nod to show our understanding. "Alright. Let's try this again. Action!" We begin again. It takes a couple more takes and more reminders to Emma to stop mouthing our lines before it's time for lunch. We all head over to the Dursley house set to eat lunch. Honestly the house set was literally becoming an actual house for the main children or people for the film. Once again when we go to sit down Emma takes a seat next to Tom. Luckily there's another seat available on his other side. He smiles at me as I sit down next to him. He smiles at everyone else too. Emma chats with him a lot while he just nods to show he's listening while eating. I eat while chatting with Bonnie a bit. She may be the youngest actor on set and only in the film for a small time frame but she was funny and easy to be around. Tom nudged my shoulder to get my attention. I turn towards him and nod to show I'm listening to him since I still have some food in my mouth. "Hey can you help me with my Algebra equations again? I'm not that good with Maths." He looks at me with, hope? I swallow my food and smile "Yeah sure. I'd be glad to help you." He smiles back and says thank you. Oliver engages me in conversation and I turn my attention to him. After we finish lunch Rupert, Emma, and I change into costume and go over our lines again. We get into position and we start. Everything is going well till we hear Chris yell "Cut!" We look up. "Emma you're doing it again." Her eyes widen and her face reddens. "Oh i'm so sorry." He smiles a little at her. "It's okay Emma but try to stop mouthing their lines." She nods and we start again. It takes about 6 more takes before we finally have our lines remembered and Emma stops mouthing everyone's lines. We hear a noise and we disperse out of the camera's vision. We wait a few seconds before we hear cut. Chris grins at us. "Good job, guys. We have the scene down. Now we have some time to relax. You kids can work on your homework. Tomorrow I think we're going to go over the scene where the first years are trying to pick up their brooms. Hopefully the weather will be okay." We tell him okay and walk to our dressing rooms to get out of costume. I walk out and see Rupert slow down a little in front of me to walk in step with me. We get to the Dursley house set. Tom waves me over to sit next to him. I felt something inside me. It wasn't unpleasant like this morning when Emma sat next to Tom. This was different, but it wasn't bad. I felt all giddy and nervous? Anyway I sat next to Tom and we started on his homework. It was supposed to be review for him since he's 2 grades higher than me. I was learning it this year but so far was pretty good at it. I saw Emma come sit in front of us at the table. She sulked a bit before starting her Reading homework. Tom made the cutest faces when he was confused. He would just scrunch his brows and pout a little. I explained and he would try to copy the method on a different problem. He would get the biggest smile when he got a question right and I loved seeing him get so excited. We finished off his Maths worksheet and he helped me with my Science. Honestly I didn't understand why we needed to learn why plants are green but it's not business to judge. My mom came to pick me up and I left Tom with a smile and a thanks for helping me with my work. He rolled his eyes and said he should be the one thanking me for my help. We called it a tie and I left. When I got home after eating dinner and I laid awake at night I began to wonder what my feelings were. I didn't understand them when I was beside Tom I was okay. Really happy. But when Emma got too close or received all his attention I felt mad. Betrayed. I wanted Tom's attention to be on me and not Emma's. Or anyone's really. I didn't know what that meant. I like Emma I really do. She's a great friend and quite charming. My eyes start to feel droopy so I decide to call it a night. I would figure everything out eventually.