Do we have a deal

Regina decides to visit the man that took the hat at Granny's. Deals are made.
Chapter Text

Regina walked into the diner , immediately every head in room turned to look at her.
Every head except one.

It was wearing the hat.

Walking towards the booth she noticed that dr Whale was sitting across the figure. Cupping his steaming mug of coffee , a small smile playing on his lips.
Judging from the bags under his eyes it was a long shift , sometimes she wondered if the man was the only doctor in this town.

Turning towards the figure she put her hand on her hip , the other leaning at the back of the booth , trapping the figure.
"What a lovely new hat you're wearing" She paused, looking straight at the figure. "Jefferson"
At the mention of his name the man turned his head to look at her.

"Well thank you Regina, I just got it. I was missing my old hat so much after it was taken away from me and destroyed twice."
A wide grin on spread on his face. Across the table Victor was watching them amused. Ever since Jeff told him to plan to take his hat back after it was stolen from him by the mayors sister, he just couldn't wait to see the reaction of the mayor. It certainly made for a lovely diner date. They been together for a year now and he knew what kind of idiot his lover could be. But he was his idiot.

"That's what you get when you forget to tell your sister about security cameras."Victor added bringing the mug to his lips, doing a terrible job of it.
The glare he received from the mayor would have killed him , if looks could actually kill.
"I am very sorry to disturb your little date but I need it."She shot back.
He looked straight at her."And I am very sorry to inform you but you can't get it back."

She leaned forward ,doing her best to give him one of her evil queen death glares. "And why would that be?"
"Because you can't take something back that your sister stolen, it's my hat and it will stay with me. Also if you think that that little evil queen acts works with me, think again."
He sat up straight, a winning smile on his lips.

Okay so that approach didn't work. Time to try something else.
"Listen Jefferson , I have a wedding but to get there I have to-"
He cut her off ."The evil queens wedding?"

Staring back at him she answered."Yes..how did you know?"
He leaned back."I also received a invitation."
She shook her head in disbelief. "I'm sorry, can you repeat that?"
He continued."This morning a raven landed in my kitchen, scaring Grace half to death. It was a wedding invitation. The evil queens wedding."

"So that is why you stole the hat? You need it get to the wedding?"

"Oh no," he answered " I got my hat back days ago. And your sister STOLE my hat. I merely took it back."
She side eyed him."Why would she invite you? Of all people?"
He shrugged. "That is what I want to find out too."

"Curiosity killed the cat you know." She told him.
"But satisfaction brought him back." Victor intervened.

"Well in that case I'll propose a deal." She turned to the hatter. "We all go towards the wedding with YOUR hat" Putting emphasis on the word your in the hope of pleasing the man and making the chance of helping her bigger. "You get to keep the hat , find out what the evil queen wants and I can go to the wedding. Everybody happy."

Jefferson brought one finger to his lips, softly tapping it against his lips."What do you think Sweetheart?" He turned to Frankenstein. "Should we go to the wedding?"
Victor smiled back to his boyfriend. "Well why not darling, it would be fun to use the hat again. Maybe we can even get some ideas for our own wedding." He ended the last sentence with a wink. Across the table Jefferson turned bright red.

Sighing Regina put her hand out, done with the lovey-Dovey exchange between the two lovers. Sometimes she thought they were doing it just to annoy her but after seeing the way they looked at each other, there was no other explanation but true love.

Jefferson stretched his hand out , shaking hers with determination.
"We have a deal my dear mayor."

With that Regina left the diner. Hoping to find Emma , to make sure her dress van evil queen wedding appropriate.