Quick trip

Your pov *1 week later
Today is your first day of college. You applied just in time for classes to start at the nearby college. "Have fun at school Michael, daddy will pick you up after school" you say after dropping him off.
"Bye momma" Michael says with a smile. "Bye love you." You drive to your first class, a little bit late. Luckily the professor wasn't there yet. "Welcome class, today is the first day to intro to business. Get your things out" the professor says.

Shawn's pov
"She'll be one" I finish singing. "That was a good one Shawn" the studio guy says. "Thanks" I say, taking a drink of water. "Let's run it again one more time." Then my phone in my pocket vibrates.
I look at it and it's a reminder it's time to pick Michael up. "Um I can't I got to go pick my kid up from school, sorry." "Oh it's fine dude." "You sure? I'll be right back." "Go get him." I put the headphones down and walk out the studio.
"Hey Michael, how was school?" I ask when I pick him up. "Good" Michael says. "Shawn Mendes is that you?" The teacher recognizes me. "Oh hi......Mrs. Johnson? Wow it's nice to see you." I shake her hand.
"It's been about 17 years since you've been in kindergarten, it's nice to see your son in my class." "Yeah, well we better get going." "Bye Shawn" she says waving bye. I grab Michael's hand and we walk out of the school to my car. "Dad I want to go home" Michael pleads.
"Umm I have work to do in the studio that shouldn't take long and then we can go home" I say. Michael slumps back into his car seat and looks out the window.
"She'll be the one." I hit the high note perfectly. "
"That's a wrap Shawn" the studio guy says. "Thanks Patrick" I say. I take Michael home and Y/n is already home. "Hey beautiful" I say giving her a quick kiss. "Hey hubby" she says. "Whatcha makin?" "Spaghetti." "Oh Michael's favorite." "Yep." We eat dinner together and then Michael goes to bed.

Your pov
"Long day?" You say to Shawn after you two tucked Michael in. "Yep, did a lot of recording for the album, what about you?" He asks. "School is so long." "Mhmm I bet" Shawn mumbles falling asleep. "Goodnight" you whisper, kissing his cheek. You fall asleep.
Then day you had classes and Shawn stayed home until he had to go to the studio late. You make dinner for you and Michael and then during dinner, you get a text from Shawn.
Shawn: babe you need to pack me a bag, I have an emergency flight to New York. You: what! Shawn: Good Morning America act canceled and they needed another act for tomorrow morning so I'm going to be the act.
You quickly get up from the dinner table and pack Shawn a bag for the flight. You: how long are you going to be gone? Shawn: maybe a day or two depends, we got other work to do down there.
You finish packing and Shawn is already downstairs, saying goodbye to Michael. "Bye Shawn love you" you say kissing him. "Love you too, bye" Shawn says. And then he's gone.