4

I was woken up when the trolley stopped.

I looked out the window for the sight of log cabins and trees. Yet I only saw a shopping center and a gas station.

I looked to the front of the trolley, seeing a counselor, and I knew it was a counselor because of her shirt thay said "Art is FUN!" in red bold letters.

Because I was so far back in the trolley, I could barely hear her say "Everyone, this is a restroom stop and a snack stop."

She then instructed everyone to go to any store they pleased, buy any snack they pleased. She just warned them to use the restroom because we still had a long way to go.

We havent even left Dade yet.

I looked around me, only seeing a dollar store, a grocery store, and some clothing store open and the 7/11 who's gas our trolley was currently being refilled with.

I decided i'd go there.

The steps were hard me for me to get down on, yet I was able to manage due to the stuff.

Or oxycontin.

I could feel it wearing off though, because my leg was distributing more pain than usual.

I dug into my purse, popping a pill into my mouth even though a new dosage wasnt due for a couple more hours.

In the gas station, I quickly headed for the fridge, grabbing a grape fuego and picking up some life savers from the snack aisle. I also managed to grab a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. I payed for the items, before tucking them into my bag for later.

Outside of the gas station, I looked around for a moment, feeling the chill wind breeze past me.

Thats when I decided to go cop a cheap jacket from the dollar tree.

I sifted through the limited rack of clothing, not liking my choice of a velvet bubble gum pink jacket, or a purple one.

Finally, I found a black hoodie. Even though it was a size larger than usual, I still pulled my arm through one hole.

The fit was good enough. So I paid for that one too.

There was a few other campers in the store, so I tried to stay with the group and wait for them to finish paying as well.

"You look exhausted." I looked over, seeing some dude who was talking to me. He shared the same shirt as the rest of the counselors.

I nodded. "Cant get much sleep on that trolley. At least not after yesterday."

It was true. I could probably slip in 15 minutes of rest. 30 if I was really tired.

But whenever I closed my eyes I start to relive the crash. Over and over like it was my personalized hell.

I looked over at the guy. And he seemed to knew I was talking about the accident. But if he did, he doesnt mention it.

"You should probably try to rest. You can go back on the bus if you want. No need to wait."

I knew I wouldnt be able to rest. I looked at the line of people, knowing it would be awhile before they were all done.

I shrugged, turning on my heel before limping my way back to the trolley.

I moved around too much. Dragging this damn CAM boot around was really a workout because I was exhausted.

Not tired, but tired of moving. Fatigued I guess.

I went back to the back of the trolley, my back against the wall as I lifted the injured leg onto the seat.