~ Chapter 1 ~

Arianna's POV ~

I glanced ahead as I walked. We were walking along side the road as it started to get dark out. The sun was setting, and it was absolutely breathtaking. It was a mixture of pink and orange, brilliant and beautiful. It was a great way to end an amazing night.

"Ari, are you listening," Lindsey asked with a smile. Lindsey was my best friend, and had been since seventh grade. She came off as really rude and full of herself, but she was really fun once you got to know her. Her parents weren't around much, and my parents were happy to have her.

"She was staring at the sunset, again!" Maddie said laughing. I gave her a small shove and she laughed again. Maddie was probably the funniest of the group, she could make anyone laugh.

"It's not my fault the sky is so pretty!" I exclaimed laughing.

I looked around at my best friends. Lindsey and Maddie were mocking me. Leah and Olivia, the more quiet ones were giggling at the other twos actions.

This had been one of the best nights of my life. Our parents had each let us take their credit cards into the city to just have a girls night out. We were four weeks into junior year of high school, and I was already ready for summer break. We went to our favorite cafe, went to the mall and shopped for hours, and then got manicures and pedicures. I laughed so much my stomach hurt.

"So why do you think all of our parents let us use their credit cards? They have to be planning something!" Leah said.

"I was thinking the same thing Leah! Maybe we share a brain! Gasp! We could be twins!" Maddie shouted.

"Tone it down Mads!" Olivia said attempting to look stern, but failing. She broke into a fit of laughter.

"Did you just say gasp?" I asked with a laugh.

"Oh shut up," she said trying to hide her smile.

As she said that, a huge van covered in lawn stickers came down chugging down the street. It showed down as it got near us.

"Hey girls, what are you doing out here? It's getting pretty late." A younger man asked us as the van rolled to a stop. I couldn't see the driver, or if anyone else was in the car, but I had a bad feeling about this.

We all glanced at each other before Lindsey spoke up. "Just walking home sir."

She's being polite, which is not like her. She must be getting the same feeling I am. Something was wrong.

"How about my friend and I take you girls home. It's getting pretty dark, and you never know who might be out there."

"That's alright,  my house is just up the street and we are all headed there," Olivia spoke up, "But thank you for the offer."

"Get in the back of the van girls, it's not safe."

"No really it's-" Maddie started to say, but he cut her off.

"I said, get in the van girls." As he said this, he brought a gun up to where we could see it. Leah let out a small gasp.

"Well, get to it!" He barked.

Something wasn't right. Why would he just tell us to get in, seeing as we could easily run the other way. The van only opened from the back. Would he have the driver run us over if we tried to run? Would the drive do it?

So many thoughts rushed through my head all at once. I quickly scanned the area, seeing if there was anywhere we could go, or anyone we could scream to. But there wasn't a person in sight. I glanced back up to the man. I could tell he was getting anxious, and I wasn't about to get shot or let any of my friends get shot, so I grabbed Lindsey's and Leah's hands, who were closest, and started to walk towards the back of the van.