Slumber parties can be fun

When we were kids, our slumber parties comprised playing games outside at night. Flashlight tag is one of them and scaring the living daylights out of each other. We all paired off into teams and chased each other around, shining the flashlight at each other.

I tiptoed up and grabbed Emma, making her jumped and laughed. She smacked me and whispered, "Don't do that. You almost gave me a heart attack."

I placed my finger to my lips, "Shh."

We heard someone walk by, and when they had their back to us, I turned on the flashlight. "Gotcha," I said.

Liam turned and looked at me. "Fucker," Liam huffed.

"Pbbtt," I replied.

"I'll get even, you shit," he said, pointing at me.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I said.

I saw a flashlight heading toward us, and we ducked into some bushes. We peeked out, and Emma shined her flashlight on someone.

"Damn it," Shawn said. "Mack, I'm out!"

"What the hell you mean you're out?" Mack yelled.

"I'm out. What part didn't you understand?" He yelled towards her, and we sat on the ground, laughing with our hands over our mouths.

We moved out of the bushes and around the side of the house as we heard someone coming our way. I click on my light on someone.

"What the hell? Really? RJ," JJ said.

"You know I fucking rule at this game," I said to him.

"Well, you ruled," Nik said, shining a light on Emma and me.

We looked at him as he smirked, and JJ chuckled, "Come on. You can join the rest of us losers."

We both shrugged and walked with him over to a fire Angelo was making. As everyone tagged out, they joined us by the fire pit. Emma snuggled up to me, and we watched as the victor emerged being Frisco.

"I swear, you cheated," Xavier said.

"You can't cheat with you understand the law of physics," Frisco said.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Xavier asked.

"Plenty and you would have known that if you wouldn't have slept through the class in school," he said.

As they went back and forth, Mel asked, "What now?"

"How about ghost stories?" Austin asked.

We all shrugged and shared some spooky tales. Each person told their own story, and Emma cuddled more into me. I didn't mind, though, since her hair smelled like coconuts.

As we all got enthralled into the stories, someone had a little fun at our expense.

"Roar," someone yelled in a werewolf mask, causing us to jump and scream, then we heard laughing.

"What the fuck?" Austin exclaimed.

"Oh god, you see all of your faces," the person said, laughing as they pulled off their mask.

"Dad?" Austin yelled.

"In the flesh," Frazier grinned.

"What the hell?" Mack yelled.

"Aww, did someone almost wet themselves?" He asked in between laughs.

Then we heard a female voice yell, "Dylan, I told you not to do that!"

Marissa walked up.

"Oh, come on, it was funny," he said defensively to her.

She rolled her eyes, then with a grin said, "Okay, it was funny." They both started laughing.