Rock On Zombie

Blood pumped through my body as I was pushed against the barrier in another wave of cheers. 

I grunted sweat dribbling down my forehead. 

Normally the mosh pit was my home. 

But tonight something didn't feel right. 

Natasha, my best friend screamed with wide eyes beside me as she reached for the guitarist who strummed only meters away from us. 

My head began to spin as the crowd backed off letting me again stand up straight. 

Why did I let her convince me this was a good idea. I knew I was too sick to come out. 

The urge to throw up slowly overwhelmed me and I reached out for Natasha. 

"I'm going to be sick," I gagged but she just shook her head incoherently, my voice nothing compared to the pounding music.

Then it came out. 

Vomit sprayed from my mouth coating the floor at my feet and splashing onto my new leather boots. 

There were screams around me as other people jumped in the air to dodge the strange black liquid that had emptied from my stomach. That now felt incredibly empty.

"Tor," Natasha exclaimed as my legs gave out from underneath me. Sending my head crashing to the floor. 

Sound turned to a muffle as I watched the green lasers dance on the roof. 

What is that smell? 

It was strangely bitter and made my mouth water.

Why do I feel so hungry?

The face of security guards came into view. 

One leaned closer to me and the smell became overbearing. 

Before I knew what I was doing I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his cheek down to my mouth slowly running my tongue up it. 

"What are you doing," he exclaimed wiping at his cheek while I rolled the taste around in my mouth. 

It was so good. 

Like a freshly cooked steak. 

I licked my lips. I needed to taste it again. I needed more. 

My stomach growled, my throat involuntarily imitating the sound. 

I lunged forward at him this time biting into his skin and ripping at it like a dog. 

So good. I looked back up at Natasha's horrified face still chewing on the flesh of the screaming man beside me. 

The music was still playing and it only made my body tingle more. 

Swallowing my bite I reached out for Natasha. But she clambered to her feet with a blood curdling scream and began to run towards the stage.

"Stop!" She screamed as I jumped onto her back. Her screams turning to a gurgle as I bit into her neck and pulled at the wound with both hands. 

Her blood was not the last I swallowed. The hunger demanded more.

It wasn't until I was crunching happily on the bone of the lead guitarist that I noticed the pile of bodies the crowd had turned into. 

A few others like the security guard I had first taken a chunk of stuffing his face just like me.