01

//Kyra's POV//

I had just shut my eyes and slipped away into darkness as it all began, like it does every night.

My nightmares.

My dad, he was chasing me through the house... "Get back here Kyraline or I swear to god!" He yelled at me from the foot of the stairs, making his way up slowly.

I was trembling and crying fairly hard. I ran into my room, searching for a place to hide. I found a small space in the back of my closet, there was a small hole that led into a crawl space down to some area where my father could get into it.

No matter how many times I tried to scream at my dream self, "He can find you!" "Don't hide there Kyra!" She would never hear me.

She sits down in front of the crawl space, her back to it. My dad would smirk and shake his head, knowing exactly where she was.

He'd crawl into the pathway, coming up behind her. "Oh Kyra baby, you've really fucked up now."

That was it.

I scream at the top of my lungs, sitting up in my bed. I was a sobbing mess, tugging the covers close to my body.

I heard the door open, I snapped my head towards it. It was him.

"You okay Kyra baby?" He whispered, coming over to the foot of my bed. "J-Just another...nightmare...dad." I said between sobs.

He sat down next to me and brushed the hair from my eyes, "Well, at least it was just a nightmare, yeah?" He knows what my nightmares are about...I made the mistake of telling my mother about them who would just tell him.

I nodded slowly and wanted to jerk my head away in disgust but he's taught me not to do that to him...

"And you want to keep it that way, don't you?" He would have that smirk spread across his face as I would nod again slowly.

"That's to bad baby...I have so much fun when you don't listen to me, but I'm so happy my little girl's smart now, right?" I kept that nodding going.

He chuckled a bit, running his hand through my hair, my sobs getting worse. "Shut up and go to sleep, Kyraline." He growled at me. "Sorry for waking you." I whimper out.

He would lean down and kiss my head, "It's okay baby...don't do it again, okay?" I would nod.

"Goodnight, I love you." He'd run his fingertips down my leg as he walked to the door, making me cringe and shiver. "L-Love you too da-" I would be cut off by him slamming the door.

I covered my face and cried, I'd cry for hours on end. I just wished Emily was still here for me to talk to but she had to move away for work. God how much I missed her.

I reached over to my nightstand and picked up my cell phone. After looking through countless social media sites I came across Emily. I messaged her immediately telling her about how things here at home have just gotten worse and how I'd really love to see her and get in touch again.

I got a reply almost instantly, she told me she would buy my plane ticket and have me flown over to L.A. I haven't felt this happy in a long long time now. She told me my flight would be at four thirty in the morning and told me to pack all of my things.

I got up quickly, but quietly. I grabbed all the suitcases and bags I have, stuffing in the most meaningful items. I quietly zipped up the suitcase. Carrying the other bags over my shoulder, carrying my suitcase with my hands, I walked out of my room quietly.

I started walking down the hall, knowing I was finally going to leave this place. I walked down the stairs and to the front door, careful not to slam it.

I was cold, paranoid, and tired.

I kept flitting my head over my shoulder, scared that I would see him following me. I had finally gotten to the city streets and I was able to hail a cab. I must've looked like a crazy person, wearing my regular night shirt and shorts.

Once I had piled in my bags, I got in and told him to drive me to the airport. I had a few dollars in my pocket that I stuffed in before I left.

I lied my hands in my lap and stared at them. I picked at my nails and sighed. "We're here, hun." The guy turned and faced me, "H-How much?" I asked quietly.

He smiled a bit, "Well...it looks like you're going to somewhere special and it seems like you'll need all the money you've got. So don't worry about it, doll." I bit my lip a little and handed him a dollar, "At least take that?" I sighed a little and he shook his head handing it back to me.

"Trust me honey, it's fine, keep it." I nodded a little. "Thank you.." I got out, slinging bags over my shoulder and rolling my suitcase behind me as I walked into the airport, which was not busy at all.

Emily had told me to go to one of the blue and white desks and ask for 'Emily Smith's' ticket.

I had done so and ended up with my flight. It was going to be boarding in the next hour or so. Wasting time I stared at my hands perplexed.

The littlest things would get my attention and keep me engaged for hours. I had finally snapped out of it when I heard over the loud speaker "Flight 908 to Los Angeles is now boarding and will be taking off in the next thirty minutes."

I got up quickly and carried my bags to this carousel type thing, the lady at the desk told me that the workers will put my bags on the plane for me.

I kept one bag with me though, they told me I was going to be able to set that one in my 'over head storage'?

I walked up to the gate and showed the lady my ticket, she took it from me and told me to enjoy my flight...but I know I wasn't going to.

I hesitantly sat down in my seat that was next to a window, no one sat there with me. There weren't many people on the plane. I clicked the seatbelt around me and breathed in deeply and stared at my lap again.

I had set my bag in the seat next to me and grabbed out my headphones and plugged them into my phone, I started listening to music.

I set my phone down and looked at my clothes, I needed to wear something warmer. I had another shirt, along with pants in my bag.

Once the plane was in the air and stable, we were aloud to go to the bathrooms and such. I got up slowly and set down my phone in my seat. I picked the clothes out of my bag and went to the bathroom to change.

Once I had changed into my Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt, I came back out to my seat and pushed the headphones into my ears and turned my music onto shuffle. I stared at my hands again, picking at my plain nails.

After a few hours they told me to buckle my seatbelt again, I did as told. I felt the plane touch down on the ground.

Here I was.

Los Angeles.