Chapter 2: Henry's Wedding

"John! Please hurry, I don't want to be late!" "I'm coming! I'm coming!" He replies. "Joooohn!" Marie groans, "Come on!" "Alright! Alright! I'm ready anywa- Oh my goodness!" He gasped when he saw her. "What?!" She demanded. "You're gorgeous!" He replied with a smile. "Oh you! Let's go!" She said with a smile, and a slightly pink face.

"Henryyyyy!! I'm here!!" Marie exclaims when they walk into the chapel. "There's my favorite little sister!" Henry yells back, and runs over to her, to give her a big hug. "Ahhh! I'm so happy for you big bro! Angy is such a nice girl!" "I know! And she's so amazing." He says with a twinkle in his eye. "Hi, Henry." John says reaching out his hand to him. "Uh, hello, John." He answers with a distasteful tone, and ignoring his outstretched hand. "Uh, listen sis, I gotta finish getting ready. Cya." "Oh ok, b-" He rushes off, not hearing her.

"Why doesn't your brother like me?" John asked suddenly, startling Marie. "What are you talking about?" "Hun, come on, he clearly doesn't like me." "John, you know he's never approved of any of the guys I've ever had any sort of relationship with." Marie says, trying to make him feel better. "Yeah, but... That's different." "How is that different?" She asks him. "Nevermind, let's go sit down, shall we?" He says with a sigh. "Alright." Marie answers him.

As soon as they sat down, Marie's two troublesome twin sisters came running towards them. "Marie! Marie!" They screeched. "Yeeess?" She replies. "You missed it! You missed it!" They say in unison. "What exactly did I miss?" She asks, confused. "The bride! Angy!" Violet answers. "She was wearing her dress!" Charlotte adds. "It was soooo pretty! I want the same dress when I'm older!" They said together. Marie giggles at them, and peers over at John who seems more focused on what's outside, than the two twins. "You okay, hun?" Marie asks. "Hm? Oh.. I'm fine." He says flatly. "Alright, if you say so.. I love you." She tells him, which makes him come out of his trance. "I-I love you too, Marie." He says with a slight grin. Marie couldn't help but grin back at him, and kiss his cheek lightly. Which causes an 'EWW!' from the twins.

Marie jumped, forgetting they were near them, and smiled, "You're both eww!" She laughs. "You know, you'll both end up kissing a boy someday and you won't say 'ew' to that!" John says, playfully. The twins' eyes go wide, and they run off, shrieking, leaving Marie and John laughing hysterically. The thing was, they ran back to Marie's mother, Roslin, which gained them a 'You're Gonna Get It Now' glare from her. She then calms the twins down, and walks over to the young couple. "Well now, look who came!" She says looking at them both, one after the other. "Yes, yes, hello, mother. I know, I forgot to say hello to you, I am so-" "Marie! I'm talking about this fine young man next to you! What happened to John? Who is this?" She says playfully, looking at John. Marie rolls her eyes, annoyed, "Mother, please-" "Haha! Hello Queen Roslin! Happy to see you're doing well, eh?" John smiles. "Mhm, not doing so bad yourself, young squire." She jokes. "Mom!" "What? I'm just saying the truth! You'd better watch out, Marie! John is the second most desired man in the kingdom, right after your brother that is." John laughs, "There's no need to worry, Queen Roslin, I will be staying with her forever, or as long as she is happy." He smiles down at Marie, while saying this. "Mhm, alright. Still, watch out, if I hear you're playing games with my daughter, that will be the last thing you do." She threatened. John laughs awkwardly, "Ahah.. Of course, Queen Roslin.." "Queen? Call me mother for heaven's sakes! I mean you most likely have plans with my daughter, like Henry and Angy do, right?" She asks, playfully. "Haha, of course I do your ma- mother, just probably not now." He smirks at Marie, which makes her blush slightly. Queen Roslin glares at him, thinking he might have meant something other than marriage. He notices her glare, "Oh! Not that, ma'am... At least not yet." Marie blushes, "You two, please, stop!" She says exasperated. "Fine, fine." Her mother says, while John laughed quietly.

Suddenly, they heard, 'Attention, all guests, please take your seats, the bride is to walk in in ten minutes.' Roslin then says good bye to the couple, and runs back over to the twins, who in which were pulling each other's hair. "Your mother is quite playful. I see you didn't get that from her, hm?" "Oh, hush, you." Marie replies, and in return, gives him a kiss. John smiles, and puts his arm around her.

Then, they heard a loud scream come from the back of the chapel. Which startled a few guests, and made some jump. "What happened?" Marie asks, a bit frightened. "Oh, tis, nothin' lass, prolly jus' someone seen a rat scurry by. No needa worry." A man, with an Irish accent, sitting in behind them answers. "Uh, who are you?" She replies. "Eh? Oh, me? Jus' a friend of your father's." He says to her. "May I ask of your name, sir?" John asks the man, feeling a bit inferior to him. "Oh, right, eh? Name be George, George Gullagan." 'George Gullagan? Why did that name sound familiar?' Marie wondered, 'Usually dad never talks about his friends.' George noticed Marie's puzzled look, and said, "Ah, no worries, lass. Me n' yer father are on good grounds. No fightin' er anythin', so no worries."

Suddenly, a bridesmaid came running out from the back of the chapel, screaming and, crying. Marie was only able to make out the words, 'She's a monster! She's trying to kill me!' And, 'Someone call for help!' She started to worry, what did that woman mean? Why did she want someone to call for help? Who was a monster?

Then, all her questions were answered.

⚜~~~~⚜