Chapter 17 - Under Mistletoes & Hidden Agendas

"I am done. I am done thinking about that sad excuse of a human being," I angrily grumbled as I paced back and forth whilst Greta, Gertrude and Gemma, the new and very eager assistants of Pablo, followed closely behind me with their prickly clothing pins. "Who does he think he is? He steals a kiss from me and then he decides he won't call or text me back? That's it, I'm never talking to him ever aga–"

*ding*

Stopping dead on my tracks, I eyed my iPhone from the other side of the room sitting comfortably on top of one of the desks. Not a moment to waste, I rushed to my phone and anxiously unlocked it to see who left me a message.

Your bill for this month is –

Releasing the biggest sigh I could ever muster, I closed the message I read from my telecommunication service provider. Fucking hell. Why am I still expecting him to reach out to me when it's been three days since I left him that text?

"Greta, Gertrude, Gemma, can either of you take my phone? Burn it, destroy it, I don't care. Just keep it away from me because I am going to go crazy just having that thing ring every now and then."

Greta, the oldest amongst the three ladies, obediently kept my phone in her right dress pocket and continued on working on making my lavishly designed gown perfectly fit me.

The Christmas Eve ball was tonight and everyone in the palace were all crazy busy, trying to get everything done before the guests arrived. Before I started my preparation and final dress fitting, I passed through the grand ballroom where the event was going to be held and to say that it was grand was an understatement. And it wasn't even half finished yet.

I was told that this event would be the biggest event of the year – even bigger than the time I was welcomed and introduced as part of the royal family.

Oh, how time flies.

In the midst of my trance, I realized that all three ladies have stopped working and was now standing behind me with small smiles in each of their uniquely shaped faces. My dress was done. Finally, a dress that was nowhere near the color pink. No. This was a beautiful blue green colored dress that touched the floor and wrapped my arms with its intricate lace details. It even had pockets on each side, which I just loved for some reason.

If Pablo were here today I would shake his hand for a full hour just to congratulate him on such a job well done

If Pablo were here today I would shake his hand for a full hour just to congratulate him on such a job well done. Sadly, he couldn't be here since he was with his twin brother on a family vacation out in the Caribbean. Lucky bastards.

"You look beautiful, Princess," Gemma, the youngest and the sweetest of the three complimented whilst the rest nodded their heads in agreement. I blushed. After months of people complimenting me for my beauty, I still can't grasp the idea of me being beautiful. I've always seen myself as ordinary and for so long I was okay with that. I loved not standing out in a crowd. There's no pressure whatsoever to look a certain way and make mistakes here and there.