Chapter 5

Beyoncé

That very day me and Jay flew 1,639miles south back to my hometown so he could meet my parents to speed up the process. My thoughts were that as soon as we got 'married' then after a few months we could annul or divorce. I didn't want to be attached to this man for too long. I didn't even want to have sex.

I really liked Jay's mom and his sister. They seemed really friendly and caring and that made it even worse. In Kaari's words she'd 'found a new sister' and I couldn't imagine her emotions if she found out that it was a lie all along. She was a sweet, lovely girl and it would really hurt her. Ms Carter was a whole 'nother story......

"Are you alright? You look a little tired,"I examined Jay's face. His eyes were dreary and he could barely keep his eyes open. I slept like a big ass baby on the plane but when I woke up Jay was still on the phone handling business and whatever.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tryna stay awake,"he sighed.

"Imma try and speed it up so we leave early,"I offered.

"It's alright Beyoncé,"he chuckled.

"You haven't met my parents yet. They can go on and on and on and on,"I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "I hope they like you. Hating you is one of the worst things that could happen right now,"I wiped my eyes.

"I'm unhatable. Everybody loves me,"he brushed his shoulders playfully.

I made a left and we were greeted by the huge house I'd grown up in.

"Beautiful, man. It's gorgeous,"he complimented my childhood home as we got out of the car.

"Thank you,"we walked up to the front door and I unlocked it with my key. I hadn't told anyone that I was coming- not even Mama. It wasn't like they needed to prepare anyway; all the house help they had would've done whatever needed to be done. For some reason they were always dressed to impress at home as well. Personally, I liked wearing a comfy onesie or a tank top and basketball shorts around the house, but Mama always wore head to toe designer for no reason.

"Hello?"I knew they were at home because I saw the cars parked outside.

"Beyoncé?"I heard my mother's voice. She came out of the library with a book in her hand.

"Hey Mama!"I ran to her and threw my arms around her.

"Oh Beyoncé, don't knock me over!"she laughed. "Why didn't you tell us you were leaving before? You know how your father gets about you traveling,"she asked once we pulled apart from the hug. I didn't have a strong relationship with her but at the same time our relationship wasn't weak and fragile. Growing up I was close to my mother but our bond disintegrated as I grew older. Whatever my father said my mother would do. She was his puppet. I could never be in that kind of relationship- to be someone's pet being pulled on a leash.