Chapter 9 - Harry

Chapter 9

" Only in the darkness can you see the stars. "

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bella's POV

" Mom, what is his name ? "

" Josh Styles. We were the closest friends throughout high school. He had to leave to go back to England, his parents jobs were relocated. " Styles... Harry !

" I'm so sorry mom, listen ummm, I know his son. We are really good friends, he lives near dad. I-I really have to go check on him... bye mom." I rushed out the door and felt the cold air flush my face but continued to run and run.

Harry's POV

I sit in the bathroom with my head leaning on my knees, with the razor in my hand crying. I know I shouldn't cut, I have to go help my sister and mom. I can't betray Bella... she'll get hurt and I don't want to see her hurt over something I could have possibly controlled; and I will control. The tears continue to roll down my cheeks and start to burn. I really need her right now. She helps me so much... I just need her.

**^^5 minutes later^^**

' knock knock '

"Hazz..." I recognized this voice, calling me by my nickname, so alluring and calming.

I unlock the door and turn away not wanting her to see me crying. She's seen me cry once when she first showed me her scars the other day, but I feel like this is different. She slowly opens the door and I can hear her sniffling with her breathing unsteadily. I hear her shuffle her feet over to where I am sitting. I suddenly feel warmth and notice hands holding me around the waist and then a face nuzzling into my neck. She kisses my shoulder bone and chills run down my back from the contact of her lips.

" I'm so sorry Haz... " I don't reply try and steady my breathing. "Harry, look at me... please. "

She lifts my chin trying to look into my eyes. Bella moves around to face me and straddles me to make sure she has all my attention. She's teasing me whether she knows it or not, I shake my head trying to get those thoughts away right now and look straight into her warm brown eyes. Bella's eyes mesmerize me every time I look into them, transporting me to a world where it is just me and Bella, no fears and nothing that can break us apart. Her eyes now are filled with tears and look down ? She smiles looking at... oh shit on a shingle.

"Your little member is sort of ummm- hahahha" She giggles as my face turns red and she blushes. I pull her closer and whisper in her ear, "It's all because of you love. Teasing me, by straddling me and kissing my shoulder bone. What if I did that to you. " I smirked and grabbed her closer to my chest and kissed all over her neck and sucked just a bit to make sure she knows what will happen next time she teases me. Before I could finish, she pulls away teasing me even more with a gigantic smirk across her face. "Hey ! I wasn't done teaching you a lesson for teasing me. " She stuck her tongue out at me and brought her face as close as she could to mine. Fuck, why is she teasing me so much dammit. She leans into kiss me getting closer and closer. I close my eyes and then I feel her lips on my nose !? Did she just kiss my nose and tease me even more. "Dammit Bell, stop teasing me and just let me give you a freaking kiss! "

" Demanding! What's the magic word? " I she serious with herself right now...

" Please...? "

" Please what ? What do you want Haz? " She moves even more onto my lap if that is possible. I buckle my hips a little, god I cant help it Bella.

" God Bella, stop teasing and just please kiss me already ?! " Demanding yet affective. She crashes her lips into mine, I bite her bottom lip and receive a moan... her face flushes red, she's so cute when she blushes. I go to kiss her again but she puts her finger up to my mouth and pushes me away. i sigh.

"Harry, I didn't come here to..." she mumbles the rest and breaks eye contact while pink flushes her cheeks. "...to have a full on makeout session? "

That ought to get her to blush.. and she does but I also receive a slap on my arm. " Ow! "

"Harry, shut up I didn't hit you that hard and I came here to apologize. "

I know exactly what she means, my dad. The smile that was once present on my face, is now gone.

The rest of the night Bella told me all about how her mom knew my dad and how sorry she was about me losing my dad. All that came out of my mouth was "its fine" and sighs, while nodding my head. We ended up in my bed, snuggling... but it wasn't awkward. She fell asleep on my chest as we talked about anything, really. I knew i wasnt going to fall asleep anytime soon, because every time i close my eyes, i see my dad in my dreams. Yet, i'm not afraid, and i don't want to cut either. If Bella wasn't here, i'd probably feel different. It might sound funny but, she makes me feel safe and calm. She's the star in my life, the star in the darkness.