Chapter 15

Liam's POV

I watched Noah pale, his voice just above a whisper. "L-Liam..."

Even with the loud laughter and music, I could hear him clearly. I walking closer to him. Daniel and Dakota watched off to the side. Noah's hands unconsciously went to his stomach, a habit he seemed to do when he was nervous.

I ran a hand through my hair, offering a small smile. "Hey, Noah."

He swallowed hard. "H-Hi..."

Ask him. Ask him why he left. "Noah," he turned to me. "Why did you leave? Why didn't you tell me?"

He turned away, but I heard him mutter. "I thought I was a hassle..."

I have to work during the day, and come here to check on you at night. It seems like a hassle. Guilt rose up in my chest as I remembered my words. Is that why he left? He thought I was talking about him? "Noah, I... I'm sorry."

I came over, putting a hand on his arm. He didn't shove me away, and I took it as a good sign. "I wasn't talking about you. I-"

"Then what did you mean?!" Noah's head snapped to me, tears in his eyes.

"I was talking about the commute! Do you know how far it is from her house to mine?"

I knew I was making things worse, so instead I stopped talking. He scowled, crossing his arms. "So you thought it was a hassle to go and see me?"

I winced. "N-no."

"Liam... I don't want to talk about this anymore, okay?" He turned back towards Daniel. "Take me back to my room, please."

Daniel nodded, helping him up the stairs. When he came back down, Daniel shook his head. "I told you to fix it, not make it worse."

"But, I don't know how! He keeps assuming things!"

"Maybe you should tell him exactly what you meant."

I nodded. "Yeah... I'll do that."

Daniel watched me before speaking. "Second door to the left."

Racing upstairs, I found the door, knocking slowly. "Noah... I know you're there. You don't have to say anything, just listen."

Silence. I swallowed. "Look, I didn't think before I spoke. I never do. I didn't mean to say something that would hurt you, because I never want to see you in pain. I hated thinking you left me, but never knowing why. Both times, I felt like that. I don't want you to be in pain because of me, and I want to give us another shot. Please, I'm sorry. I'm a jerk who doesn't know how to think before speaking, but for you, I'll try harder."

I was quiet, a blush on my face. If I knew it would be that hard and cheesy, I would have never called anything regarding Noah a hassle to begin with. Silence followed, and I almost gave up hope, turning away just as the door next to me opened, and Noah appeared. I froze, my eyes darting between the two doors. Pointing at the one in front of me, I spoke. "D-didn't... Wasn't... This one yours?"

Noah looked at me, his brow furrowed. "No..."

I swear to God, when this is over, I'm going to kill Daniel. Noah came over, resting his head on my shoulder. I grinned, speaking just as he let out a pained groan. "Noah?" I looked down cautiously. He gripped my arm, fear in his eyes. "T-the... The baby... It's... Coming..."

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, I just got back from my trip. As a treat for waiting, I will do a double update on all stories, including this one, so stayed tuned for the next chapter of LTTP, which will be published in the next few hours. Once again thanks for waiting and I hope you enjoyed the update!