• ¢нαρтєя 5•

Darkness is what met Gena's eyes before anything else; a cool breeze swept across the area making the temperature harder to handle

Darkness is what met Gena's eyes before anything else; a cool breeze swept across the area making the temperature harder to handle. Gena placed her shivering hands upon the cold ground, attempting to stand up on her feet but failing since she wasn't able to gather enough energy; Her eyes wandered around the region in search of a clue that would help her solve the mystery of the labyrinth she was currently caught up in,

All she saw were walls assembled in different angles and directions to create a confusing maze. She turned around to view the area behind her but saw nothing but an endless dark pit- oblivion, anything falling through will remain falling for eternity.

Gena wasn't the one to run away from her terrors; she would always gather courage and confidence to fight her fears rather than flee from them. She knew running away wouldn't be an option for her, not now- not ever.

Gena took an unsteady step into the labyrinth, the wet ground feeling cold against the warm skin of her feet. Strange inscriptions decorated the surface of the walls of the maze, confusing her greatly. The more she progressed in the labyrinth, darker the atmosphere of the maze got, Gena wasn't scared, she was hopeful, she saw through the horridness of the situation and found her only chance at survival- the potion that lies on the last level.

Gena continued ahead, taking aimless turns in different directions, still clueless about where she was heading to- she hoped for at least a hint to help make her journey to the end the slightest bit easier.

She didn't have a problem deciding where to go until she came across a diverging path.

She had three choices; she could move to the passage on the right, to the left, or continue straight. Besides that, all the pathways seemed different from each other in one way or the other.

The path on the left appeared to be unusual; Gena sensed a mysterious energy emanating from it, she assumed that going into there would lead to no good.

The path on the right had an apparent evil aura emitting from it, if someone valued their life, they would choose not to walk upon the road.

The passage that was progressing forward, on the other hand, look quite ordinary, nothing out the usual.

Making a choice wasn't hard; most people would choose the least dangerous path- which was the one that was advancing straight. However, Gena ought to choose wisely, after all, appearances can be deceptive.

Gena's eyes moved across each of the three paths, maybe Xen wanted to trick her? Perhaps the normal-looking path was deadly, and the other two weren't, but she still seemed to have a dreadful feeling about all the routes.

She stood in the middle of the diverging paths, her eyes invariably moving back and forth between the paths. She always made meticulous and well-formulated decisions with ease, but when it comes to a life-and-death situation, she had to be more careful and more calculative.