10 Things About Me: MariHeartsOtaku

What's up, amazing reader? I'm pretty sure your brain is coated in curiosity, right now. You probably even want to fill it up with a good doze of knowledge. Or if you're a stalker, you may be itching to receive the juicy info I'm about to share.

Look, I'm guessing there are a couple of us who want to keep our identity hidden, right? I mean, as a person who gets paranoid from time to time, I wouldn't want to give away "top secret" stuff to random people on the internet. Eh, but let's face it. If several people tag you, what harm is there to just step out of your comfort zone? Not unless, there's a creep out there reading this while plotting to locate me and stare into my window for weeks, months, or worst... YEARS!!! Wow, uh, don't mind that last statement. It's just me being an extreme moron.

Anyways, as I sort of mentioned a bit earlier, I was tagged by two fabulous human beings. BlueEffervescence and OfATimelessAge have actually tagged me many months ago to do this. (I feel so horrible for just noticing that. *cry, cry* But thank you, guys, for tagging me!) You should really check out their accounts. I swear, they're two of the most creative and brilliant people I have encountered here. Evidence is in their works.

According to the rules, I am supposed to just state five facts about myself, then tag fifteen other users. That's cool. But to make things even cooler, I'd like to change it up a little. Instead of just sharing five facts about moi, I'll make it ten. ("Yay!" celebrates the stalker.) Sorry if it was meant to be kept a tradition, but two people tagged me, so I guess I'll have to make this extra special.

So, without further ado, I shall begin.

1. I was born and raised in a tiny tropical island of the Pacific, called Palau. (Yes, if you watched "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island", I'm informing you that it was completely inaccurate. This island is very civilized and in trend.)

2. My ethnicity is Asian. More specifically, I am a Filipino. (Sadly, I haven't visited my own country since the age of two. And honestly, I don't quite speak in my native language; although, I understand it fluently. *Sigh* I feel as if my race is criticizing me for that. But hey, I still take pride for who I am. #PinoyPride)

3. My birth date is January 18, 2001. (I'll just leave you with the calculations. I'll praise you for discovering my exact age.)

4. I live to consume the scrumptious delight of a slice of CHEESECAKE! (To be specific, I mostly crave the one topped with deliciously sweet strawberries. I may or may not go insane without having it on my birthday plate.)

5. I'm demisexual. (Who the heck wasted their brain juice to come up with a fancy word to describe a person who's most attracted to a close/best friend?)

6. Makoto Tachibana is whom I claim to be my anime husband. (I am so in love with his sweet personality and the fact that he's a gentle giant. And when I mean claim, I mean CLAIM. So back off, ladies; I'll never give him up till the very end! Geez, I'm starting sound very possessive. Forgive me. I think I need a doctor. You could ask mashounotenshi08 about my weirdness, maybe even about my Makoto-obsession-scale. I'm pretty sure she knows the length of it. Heck, she even knows that I've always wanted a Makoto shrine for my birthday. *Clears throat* Um... let's proceed to the next fact before this gets any weirder.)

7. I have a serious fear of frogs. (Whenever I see frogs/toads, all I see are disgusting creatures with hideous features. And when they get killed, you could really hear them scream in agony. Their scream sounds so high pitched that I've considered ripping off my ears. I've had many encounters with these creatures that are too long to share. If you want me to share some, you could ask me in the comments section or privately message me. *No offense if you are frog lover.)

8. Not only am I an amateur poet, but I'm also a person who is into writing fictional stories. (I actually write in a variety of genres, from supernatural and action to the lighthearted ones of teen fiction and slice of life. Too bad, I can't post any of them here, yet. I'm still currently working on them. And as a perfectionist, I need to carefully edit each one.)

9. I am a very emotional person. (But that doesn't mean I love watching soap operas with overly exaggerated dramatic scenes. I find more interest in true-to-life family dramas featured on television shows. One example is a Filipino show, called "Maalaala Mo Kaya". In my opinion, most of its episodes are tear-jerking. Tragic events full of emotions in anime, movies, or novels are also sure to drain my eyes and shatter my heart. A friend's hardships and sorrow are what my eyes can't handle, as well.)

10. I can't swim. (That's very ironic because I currently live in a place surrounded by water. Another funny fact was that I volunteered to be an assistant of a swim team's coach. Well, I do acknowledge myself to be more of a land mammal than an aquatic one. I'm pathetic. *Sulks in a dark corner*)

Woohoo, I've finally completed my task! I think I went overboard with typing additional comments to each fact. Eh, that's just me being a blabbermouth. Hm... I find that weird, though. I don't normally talk this much around people. Then again, I did say in my description that I am an introvert and extrovert hybrid. (I hope this isn't turning out to be awkward for you.)

Moving on... I will now give a list of the next fifteen people who will carry on this tradition of exposing themselves to the public. Listen, dudes (the people whom I've tagged), giving ten facts is just an option. You could just do five facts if you want. It's a free, yet not-so-free world, after all. ^w^

mashounotenshi08
Gracified09
SafflowersinAutumn
Jevaunie
nerdyneko2017
silver_pheonix_09
TrizzyMabirimisa
WeirdoFrmAnotherTime
jinxlh11
TheKali54
ParisFrance1824
aquariathesnowarcher
7Becky
reecereklai
spacegirl_420