2

{few days later}
I sit at the edge of my seat, waiting for the bell to ring, already wanting to leave school. It was a Friday so I was even more anxious then usual. I mean honestly who would want to stay in such a horrible place. The government's idea of a school system is about the same as their idea of a prison system.

A few moments later the bell finally rings. I quickly grab my bag and walk out of the class. I walk down the hallway and my eyes light up as I see the big double doors to freedom.

I exit the school building and begin my journey home...as I do everyday.

I walk down the sidewalk, trying to take out my headphones from my jean pocket. I begin untangling them since they always get so tangled. As I plug them into my phone, I look up and see one of the Dolan Twins walking in front of me. I pay no attention to it and start looking through my phone to find some music to play.
"Hey Dolan"
I hear a boy say. I look up since it had caught my attention. But he didn't respond.
"Don't you hear me talking to you"
The same boy repeats. But the twin just kept walking. The boy then began pushing him around. Teasing him and pulling on him.
"Just leave me alone"He whispers.
Gosh he sounds so broken. A tear almost left my eye.
"Aww poor little Dolan baby wants me to leave him alone?"
"Well guess what? Thats not gonna happen you little cunt"
"Someone as ugly and as fucking nerdy as you should be beat the fuck up"
"And guess what? Im in the mood to fuck someone up today"
Right as the bully finished his sentence, his arm came swinging in and connected with the twin's cheek. He quickly falls to the floor, holding on to his face. I could see it already starting to bruise up. Thats it. Fucking enough.
"Fuck off you dickwad!"I scream as I run up to them.
"Aww is this your little girlfriend? Probably not, that's impossible"
"Fuck off!"I yell as I push him.
"Woah calm down sweetheart, this got none to do with you"He says trying to push me out of the way.
"Nah nah bitch you wanna fight? Fight me then pinche guey!"
Did I mention im hispanic? Oh well I am.
"What? Im not fighting a girl"
"Why you too pussy? Huh?"
"Nooo!"
"Then what hoe? Fight me"
"Smmmmh whatever, this is lame anyways"He says as he begins to walk away.
I quickly turn my attention towards the twin.
"Hi, I'm Angie"I say extending my hand towards him to help him up.
"Uh Ethan"He says grabbing my arm, pulling himself to his feet.
I bring my hand close to his face, trying to exam the bruise on it. I touch it softly and notice it's bleeding.
"You'll be ight, you just needa put a bandaid on it and apply some ice"I say letting go of his face.
"Yea I know the procedure"
"Oh..."
"Why?"
"Why what?"I ask knowing what he was talking about obviously.
"Why did you uh stop him?"
"Why wouldn't I?"
"I just mean...no one has ever stopped them, especially not a girl"
"Oh just because Im a girl I can't? Listen I just saved your a-"
"Thats not what I meant, I just mean no one ever cares you know?"
"I care"
"But you don't even know me"
"And?"
"And why would you care over a loser like me"
"Because i don't think you're a loser"
There was a short moment of silence after I said that. I guess he was shocked I said it. I mean every person at this school has probably told him that he is one so, except for me.
"Do you uh- maybe uh- wanna uh- h-h-hang out?"
"No, why would I wanna hang out with a loser?"I say sarcastically
"Oh"
"Chill out, Im joking, are we hanging at your house or mines"
"Um mine"
"Ardd cool"

And for the first time ever, I think I saw Ethan Dolan smile.