Part 9: Home

Percy awoke with the sun on his face. Despite the tranquility of the orange-tinted clouds and the blue sky overhead, he was panicked and disoriented. He had no idea where he was, why he wasn't in a cavern fighting a giant, and whose hand was holding onto his. It took him a few moments before he remembered why he had charged Clytius.

"W-Where's Annabeth?" he asked frantically, sitting up so fast it made his vision go dark.

"Lie back down, Seaweed Brain," a voice said. It was as sweet as the honeysuckle-scented air.

When he turned and looked up to find Annabeth, his heart plummeted.

"Am I in Elysium?" Percy slurred, still foggy. He tried to sit up again but his head began to spin.

"Well, hello to you, too." Annabeth squeezed his hand tighter and smiled.

"What's going on? Am I dead?" he asked, trying to open his eyes. Annabeth tried not to laugh at his slurred words. She pulled ambrosia out of the small bag her friends had given her; the knot on his forehead was swollen and an alarming color.

"Eat some ambrosia," she said, while feeding him some with the hand that wasn't holding his.

Slowly, he began to come around. Eventually his eyes sharpened and he sat up.

"Annabeth?" he asked, finally realizing that she was sitting in front of him. He pulled her in for a hug, not caring how they had wound up on the hill together; he was too happy that the two of them were together again.

She laughed for the first time since Tartarus. "That's what I've been telling you, Seaweed Brain." As she wrapped her hands around Percy, tears began to well in her eyes.

He pulled away for a moment to look at Annabeth, her face gently clasped in both of his hands. He seemed perfectly content just looking at her and she felt the same way.

"I thought I lost you," he choked, his sea green eyes glistening.

"I left you, you left me-- looks like we're even now," she teased as tears rolled down her cheeks. She pulled him in for another hug. The clouds were white by the time they pulled away.

"Annabeth, how-"

"Please," she cut him off, already knowing what he was going to ask. She laced his fingers through his. "I promise to tell you, but I don't want to remember. Not yet."

Percy nodded and they sat back down. He put his arm around Annabeth and she melted into his side. They watched the glittering river and the Argo II floating above it, both of them thankful to be back where they belonged.

----

Thank you for reading this far!! It has been so fun to write out what I thought might have happened.

As of now, this is the end of my story. If you have another idea on a scene or even just some critiques of my work feel free to message me or put it in the comments below.

Thanks again!