Trouble at the Borders

Sky's POV

"Asher, what the fuck!" I shouted quickly pulling away from Jace grabbing up the sheets and throwing it over my mate's naked body. No one was to see Jace naked but me. Those fuckers who kidnapped him had already seen enough.

Wiping my hand on the sheets and pulling on my basketball shorts I had discarded earlier, I shrugged my shoulders catching a glimpse of Jace's perplexed expression as we listened to Asher cry out mumbling things to himself. I motioned for Jace to stay where he was and walked out into the hallway to see Asher sitting on the floor facing the wall as he rubbed his eyes.

"I need holy water for my eyes! I'll never be able to un-see that!" he cried.

This was Asher's true personality. He might have been my on again off again ex with whom I had a lot of sex; he might be a submissive werewolf but he was also a very valued member of our pack. His parents were expert hunters and trackers and it was only natural he received those abilities. In addition to being one of the best hunters and trackers we currently have in our high ranks, he was also quite a good warrior wolf.

Submissive wolves in our pack, though submissive in nature, were still trained and treated with the respect we show our dominants.

"Why are you here?" I asked and Asher stopped his mumbling, cracking one eye open to look at me. Assured now that I was somewhat dressed, he sighed and got to his feet.

"We've been trying to call you...on your phone." He said and continued when I motioned for him to do so. He scratched his head. "As of late, I've been picking up a scent around our borders. At first I thought it was nothing so I said nothing. But then...I caught a familiar scent about two days ago...Jessop...I think he's trying to sneak past our borders."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, Asher?" I scolded heading back into my room and over to my drawers where I pulled out a pair of jeans and a shirt before stuffing them in a bag. By now, Asher was in my room and he was giving me that look that said I was an idiot.

"There is a naked guy in your bed and you're going to ask me that? He was discharged from the hospital only today. You were grieving and I knew you'd want to mate with Jace as soon as he was able to leave the hospital. Even Isaiah has said not to tell you anything until after." Asher explained.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Jace said then his glare firmly fixated on Asher especially since the first and last time they met, Jace and I had just started going out and Asher had tried to seduce me.

"You're not going anywhere!" Asher shouted as Jace made a move to get out of bed. He hurried over and pushed Jace back on the bed covering his head with the sheet. I heard Jace growl in irritation poking his head out from under the sheet as Asher continued.

"It's bad enough Jessop is running around our borders trying to sneak in. The last thing we need his him finding and killing you and this one..." he paused looking to me; "...going animal and doing God knows what."

"Jessop is at the border?" Jace chimed in making us look at him.

"Was...I only picked up his scent. Maybe he was there while I was checking the border but I never saw him. Maybe he left; maybe he managed to sneak in. That's why I came here. Carter and Dale are leading a group to check the borders. Isaiah is leading a group checking every inch of camp and Dale sent me to ensure that you two were safe and also to notify you."

"Sky..." Jace called and I could see the torment on his face.

"Right now; yours and Jace's safety is our top priority." Asher stated, hands on hip and a very serious expression on his face. "Even though I was the one who got the scent, you need to meet Carter and Dale at the border. I'll make sure Jace is safe."