PART III : The Devil Within

"When you think you're all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I'm the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Till I break you"
~Digital Daggers

"When you think you're all aloneSeeping through the cracksI'm the poison in your bonesMy love is your diseaseI won't let it set you freeTill I break you"~Digital Daggers

The year of 1968-1969 was the calm before a storm as the wizarding world – was soon to be fraught with a war that would break apart families. One stormy day it lead to an accident that would forever change Bellatrix Black. An accident that lead to her becoming the instrument of Lord Voldemort.

Bellatrix's last year at Hogwarts was a painfully happy one – she'd achieved Quidditch captain, (after playing six years) she was now a leader. A leader at the threshold of greatness – everyone whispered she had the potential to play for the Holyhead Harpies. Her teammates cheered their captain was the best the Slytherin's had ever had. Even so the woman starring back at her from the mirror was not the woman she'd become – it broke her heart. Her father had cursed her entire future and to disobey was to destroy Narcissa and Andromeda.

So playing for the Harpies would be that just a dream. She never loved anyone as much as her sisters (especially little Cissy.)

Little Cissy who's marks were outstanding especially in potions. She and Snape had a healthy competition going – who would be the better potion master.

Bellatrix prided herself in teaching Narcissa everything - as with her OWLS – her NEWTS were nothing less than perfection – outstanding in everything.

Yet she'd never be able to use it? She wouldn't have a career either - no she was to be sold to the Lestranges as their son's trophy wife. (A pure blood wife – a cow to slaughter – a baby machine. No she wouldn't – she wouldn't go down without a fight!)

It was then that Bellatrix started doing a lot of research in the restricted section of the library.

Anything to distract from the attention Malfoy gave Cissy. It made Bellatrix sick, she was absolutely hostel. Whenever she could she'd hex, jinx or curse Malfoy (once she'd found a spell to make his hair fall out. It worked - oh it had worked too well.)

Bellatrix was making sure her last year was legendary-her graduation loomed worse than death. Maybe Andromeda knew why-she'd once caught her making out with Emmaleen Greengrass.

In shock and fear she had pushed Emmaleen away, giving her sister a dangerous look. As both girls watched tears cascading from the younger woman's eyes. Bellatrix hadn't felt any guilt then - since her true feelings hadn't been for her. Yet she was pure – so it seemed a certain waste to lose such a beauty -Bellatrix thought.

Emmaleen was just one of her scandalous conquests the eldest Black had won.

Bellatrix had always fancied women – their curves – their lips – their scent- as she fucked them, their arousal honey on her tongue. They were beauty - that quickened her heart as her knickers felt a wetness trickling down her legs. It was pure lust. She'd had dozens (Emmaleen merely her longest.)