Unexpected : Chapter 1

Date : June 5,2014

Time : 4:00pm

(Arien POV)

"And that's sums up this lesson I expect the reports when you come back from brake" my teacher Mr.Heeming said closing his laptop and gathering his things. I quickly gathered all my things and walked out the class pass all the groups of students gathered around outside the campus and to my dorm.

When I got in my dorm I tossed my bag onto my bed & let my poetic justice braids out the bun I had ontop of my head all day. I took off my crop top and tossed on a cami I had tossed across my desk chair. I was happy I didn't get a roomate because I liked being alone most of the time I felt free.

I reached in my bag and grabbed my phone so I could call and see what my mom was up to. I dialed her number and she answered fast as hell. "Dang mom you answered quick" I said laughing. "Shut up how was class" she said "it was normal boring I'm home sick" I said sighing. "You the one who wanted to leave" she says that every time I mention anything about home. "I know mom, well I just wanted to check on you love you" I said rolling my eyes. "You chose it, and I love you too talk to you later" she said laughing. I just decided to hang up, she always makes jokes about me calling to much it's a little aggravating now.

When I came down here I thought I would be partying all night, then going to class with hangovers in the morning, but as you see that didn't happen. Everyone always saying how 'fun' and 'popping' the south is but I rather be at home in Jersey with my family and my friends. I don't even really know if I have friends anymore, I don't understand how it's only been six months and we already barely talk. I know this was my choice not everyone else's but damn. I hated when I started thinking to hard, I decided to just lay back and close my eyes to relax myself.

Time: 7:30pm

Boom Boom Boom

I jumped up from my bed because somebody wanted to get done off knocking on my door all crazy. "Stop fucking banging" I yelled out hurrying to my door. When I opened it was the only person it could possibly be my 'big bra' Cory. Cory's not really my brother we met the second day he my nigga tho. "What dude" I said putting my hand on my hip holding the door cracked. He pushed the door opened and walked in. "Gur move yo ol big head ass" he said jumping on my bed. "Yo ol comfortable ass jumping on my bed an shit" I said sitting next to him. "Wanna come to a party with me lil gurl" he said looking over at me tryna smile all sexy. "Hell naw y'all can have y'all country ass parties" I said laughing. "Fuck you talkin bout we straight project x down hea" his lil country ass said. No doubt Cory was sexy as hell. He was tall, brown skin, and had lips to die for, he kind of reminded me of a sexier Chief Keef. But that was bro no doubt I couldn't even do it, plus he fuc more girls than any nigga I know.

"Come the fuc on Arien my hoes waiting on this D" Cory dumb ass said scrolling thru his phone. I looked my self over again, I had on my black high waist shorts, my black flowy crop top & my black prada sneakers, I decided to just let my braids hang down my back. "Shut yo aggy ass up" I said putting on my red lipstick. I smacked my lips rubbing in my lipstick "come on b" I said laughing he hated that shit. "You gonna walk keep fucking around" he said standing up walking out behind me.

"Aw hell nah Cory I can't get out" I said looking out at all the people standing on the porch passing blunts, bottles, and I'm sure mad other illegal shit. "Get yo ass out or get left" he said unlocking the doors and getting out. I grabbed my clutch and hurried up behind him.

Of course everyone in the party knew Cory and Cory knew EVERYBODY. I was just chilling in the background I did learn a few peoples names but other than that I didn't really say much. I walked over to the kitchen were they had a big cooler full of drinks. I grabbed a can of Pepsi then walked over to the counter and grabbed a cup and a bottle if Hennessy. I poured my red party cup up more than half than mixed in my soda. I wasn't finna just stand around looking stupid.

I was on my third refill. They drink like fish and they still weren't done yet. I heard my song Naenae come on and stood up and started doing the dance. Everybody gathered around me and started joining in to. It felt weird not being with my friends but I was having fun so I didn't even care. When the song went off they started playing slow songs and I already knew they was bouta act up. I needed to go outside and get air tho it was to many black people in one house.

When I walked outside it was a couple people on the porch talking and some boys rolling dice, I didn't pay nobody attention tho I just went and sat on the steps. Before I knew it I looked up and a car was speeding past , and I heard shots and everybody screaming. I felt a sharp pain shoot thru the back of my leg and thru my shoulder it caused me to fall and Scream out in pain "HELP ME" I cried out in pain. Everybody ran out the house and stared screaming when they seen me laying there. I felt myself vision going blurry and I felt like I was passing out. I felt someone grab my hand I was just hoping I didn't die as the darkness took over.