Chapter 3

Beast Boy had a problem. Her name was Raven.

Ever since the rest of the team had walked in on them kissing last night, Raven had been holed up in her room. She'd been so embarrassed Beast Boy had worried she was going to blow up the entire tower right there and then.

Luckily they had all lived, but now he was stuck trying to coax her out of her room.

"C'mon Rae, it's not that bad. So they caught us kissing, and yeah okay fine it was more like intensely making-out but still. It's not like we haven't seen Starfire and Robin kiss a bajillion times. And I swear I saw Cyborg smooching the T-Car the other day when he didn't think I was looking. The point is we didn't do anything wrong."

Suddenly the door swung open and an uncharacteristically shy Raven stared up at him. It took him a moment to tear his eyes away from the hickeys he'd left on her neck to realize she was speaking.

"I-it's just too much Beast Boy. I can't bear the thought of looking at them again. I never in a million years imagined I'd ever be in that kind of position. To be caught kissing you when they didn't even know we liked each other-!" She cut herself off mid-sentence as she realized what she'd said.

Beast Boy stared at her strangely.

"What do you mean, they didn't know we liked each other? Do we like each other? Er, do you? Like me, that is?"

"No! Of course not! I just meant as friends. They didn't know we were good friends..."

He tried so hard not to be crushed by her response but he didn't think he hid it well.

"Right, yeah, okay." He said in a strangled voice. "I'm just gonna go play some video games or something. I'm sorry I had to put you in a position like that where you had to feel embarrassed. And don't worry I didn't forget that I agreed to pretend it didn't happen. It might be a little hard since the team found out but I'm sure they'll figure out soon enough that we're just friends. Sooo...see ya around the tower."

"Wait!" Raven called.

"...Yeah?" He said turning back towards her, suddenly hopeful.

"Um..."

She didn't really know what she wanted to say to him. All she knew was that she didn't like the kicked puppy look he'd had on his face. Even worse, her stomach had churned when she'd said they were just friends. But that's what she wanted, didn't she?

After kissing him she wasn't so sure. Before she could really think it through the words had already tumbled out.

"Do you want to kiss me again?"

Beast Boy gaped at her.

"Huh?"

"Well, I just meant, it could be like a review. Yes, a review. We'd just make sure I have everything down correctly. Just one more kiss to make certain. That is, only if you want to." She finished timidly.

"Err, but I thought you just wanted to forget about it?"

She blushed, "I did, I mean I do, but we got cut short last night...and we wouldn't be interrupted in my room so..."

"Y-you want me to kiss you...in your room?!!!"

"Well...yeah. I don't know where else we would. Everyone's in the common room already, It'd feel too unusual in someone else's room, and most of the closets around here are filthy..."