Poison 11

Chris Pov
I stared at my phone hoping she would call. I felt Journey sit down beside me. I looked over at her.
"What's wrong with you?" She asked as I looked back down at my phone.
"Man, leave me alone." I said. Journey laughed and walked into the kitchen.
"Since you want to left alone, I'm guessing you don't want to eat." She said. I looked at her and frowned.
"What makes you think I don't want something to eat? Niggas always wanna eat." I said. She laughed louder and nodded.
"The usual?"
"Of course." She pulled the frying pan out from the cabinet and then started to make the breakfast I wanted. Eggs, bacon, waffles, and scrapple.
I heard her moving things around and then she walked back in the living room With nothing in her hands.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I could ask you the same thing." I bit the inside of the cheek and nodded.
"Nothin for you to worry about." I admitted. Her daughter, Jamie, walked in the living room with her pants on backwards. Yes, she has another kid. Jamie is 3 and reminds me of Royalty when she was younger.
"Your pants is on backwards, mama." Journey told her. She looked down.
"Can you help me, Mommy?" She asked.
"Of course I can."
My phone vibrated. I looked over at it. Hoping it would be, Rita. But, like always, it never is.
"Stop worrying about her." Journey said. I looked over at her. "Give her time dude. When she's ready to talk to you, she will. Just chill out, you dropped a bomb on her and she did the same to you, y'all need time apart to figure out what y'all doing."
"I can't even to go to my own house because she's there and I don't want to hurt her more. You know?"
Journey sighed. "Man, I wish you weren't so sweet. I have some sort of bad news that'll probably make you hate me." I frowned.
"What? You went shopping? I already know bout that and don't really care. You're carrying my child."
"Bout that." I raised an eyebrow. "Around the same time that we messed around, I was messing around with another guy."
"What?"
"And he found out that I was pregnant and wants to make sure that the baby is yours. So, there's a possibility that it could not be yours."
"Wait, so I broke up my just happy family for a baby that might not be mine? Journey, what the fuck?"
"Please, don't cuss around, Jamie."
"Mane, fuck all that. You're really, I got to go." I said. I grabbed my phone, charger, and the keys to the car I drove, which was my Range. And walked out the door. I heard the door open and close after me. I ignored it and got in my car. When I was about to close the door, Journey held onto the handle. I looked up at her.
"Journey, move the fuck on." I said.
"Chris, please hear me out."
"Naw, at least Nia had the fucking decency to wait till she knew for sure that the baby is mine. I mean, sure it was at the worst time but so was your fucking news. Journey, let the door go."
"Where the hell you gonna go?" She asked.
"Home."
"Back to that, bitch?" She said.
"For your fucking information, even though I don't have to tell you shit, before you came and fucked shit up, I was with her."
"For a fucking day."
"Bitch, we were together for 4 years before we broke up again then got back together. We were happy. I love her. She loves me. Hopefully she still does. So yes, I'm going back to her. You were a quick fuck. Nothing more. You can go back in the house. And until you are sure that that baby is mine, don't call me or text me or come to house. Leave me alone." She let go of the door. I close it and started the car.
"Fuck you Chris." She said throwing things at the car. I rolled my eyes and turned my music up.
I drove to the nearest Burger King and order myself a bacon cheeseburger and then parked in the parking lot. I sighed and pressed Rita's name. The phone rang and rang.
"Hello?" She answered tiredly.
"Hey." I said.
"Hey." It was silent for a second.
"How you feeling?" I asked. She sighed.
"It's ok I guess. Your kids been having night mares lately and are staying up trying to watch tv and shit. But other than that, it's been ok." We sat silent again. "I've been waiting for you to call." She said.
"Really? I was waiting for you to call. I didn't think you wanted me to call you."
"At first I didn't. But then I was like maybe I should wait for him to call. Your mother even told me to wait till you called and not to call you."
"My mother is a snake." We laughed.
"Chris, can you come back home?" She asked.
"It's funny you asked, I was on my way over there."
"Yay!" She said.
"I have something to talk to you about when I get there."
"You don't have another kid on the way, do you?"
"No, well-"
"Christopher!"
"Sacagawea!" She laughed.
"I missed that." She said.
"Me too." I admitted. I started the car. "I love you." I said. She was silent for a second.
"I love you too."