Chapter 14

The first year was spent with all of them training Morrison up to their current level. He took to it like stink on a Skuntank. His team was also very powerful; his first, and main, Pokémon was a Metang and while it wasn't fully evolved it was powerful. The reason was that Metang wanted to reach its absolute limit before evolving. His other Pokémon were already fully evolved or close to being fully evolved.

The other Pokémon he had was a Steelix, an Aggron, a Skarmory, a Scizor and an Empoleon. His team was incredibly well rounded and powerful in defense. Ash had Morrison's entire team train with Ash's steel type Pokémon. Registeel, Cobalion and Heatran all ran Morrison's team into the ground with very intense training. Ash had his own Metagross train with Morrison's Metang, one on one.

They also had Morrison capture a couple more Pokémon to increase his team as only one of them was not from the Hoenn Region. They took him to the Unova Region where he captured a Pawniard that eventually evolved into the Dark/Steel Type Pokémon, Bisharp. The second Pokémon he caught was an Escavalier. After that they were going to make a trip to Johto to train on Mt. Silver, but after passing through Sinnoh Morrison caught a Riolu that would eventually evolve into a Lucario, a dual Fighting/Steel type.

Now the five of them were on Mt. Silver training relentlessly with their Pokémon. Ash was incredibly proud of the team he had assembled. Not only that, but two of his team were unique. They were specializing in a type that had never before been used in any Elite Four team.

Each Elite Four started out unique, but didn't remain very unique except for a certain few. When the Kanto/Johto Elite Four team was first formed the Elite Four consisted of Will, the user of Psychic Pokémon, Koga, the master of Poison Type Pokémon, Bruno, the Fighting Specialist, and Karen, the user of the Dark Type. Koga and Will were the first ever Elite Four members to specialize in that type. However, it wasn't long afterwards they were replaced by Lorelei, the ice user and Agatha, the ghost master. The power scale had been rearranged as well.

When facing the Elite Four a challenger would face them in order from least strong to strongest. Before Lorelei and Agatha came aboard the Elite Four list started with Will, then Koga, then Bruno and finally Karen at the top. When Lorelei and Agatha came into the group it changed. Will was defeated by Lorelei, but she couldn't defeat Koga and thus Will had to leave the Elite Four. Then Agatha came and she defeated Lorelei, Koga and Bruno, but couldn't defeat Karen. She took the spot as the third strongest of the Elite Four and Koga and Bruno had to battle to determine who would stay in the Elite Four. Bruno defeated Koga and kept his spot in the Elite Four while Koga left and returned to being a Gym Leader in Fuchsia City.

Now the power scale of the Kanto/Johto Elite Four started with Lorelei, then Bruno, then Agatha and finally Karen who still remained at the top undefeated. Lance was the Champion of the two regions having become champion at eighteen and remained champion for over twenty years completely undefeated.

The Hoenn Region Elite Four remained unique until Agatha and Lorelei came into the Kanto/Johto Elite Four. They were the only ones who had a Ghost and Ice Trainer in the Elite Four. The power scale in the Hoenn Elite Four started with the dark trainer Sydney followed by the lovable ghost trainer, and excellent dancer, Phoebe. After her came the cool, ice cold beauty, Glacia. The strongest of the Elite Four, having held the rank for nearly thirty years, was Drake, a captain of a Trade Ship. He, like Lance, was a master Dragon Type trainer. The reason he remained an Elite Four was that despite his mastery of the dragon type he couldn't defeat Steven Stone's Steel Type Pokémon.

Steel Type, easily the best defensive type Pokémon. They were one of maybe two that dragon type attacks had little effect on. Steven was the best master of Steel Type Pokémon in the entire world. His Pokémon were like tanks; they could withstand a multitude of attacks, even attacks from Fighting, Fire and Ground types, the three types that Steel Pokémon were weak against. A very common challenger that Steven had was Wallace, a very powerful trainer and Pokémon Coordinator. Even though Wallace had managed to defeat all of the Elite Four many times he could not defeat Steven. Even though Wallace had the opportunity to take a spot amongst the Elite Four he refused as his desire was to be Champion of Hoenn, not an Elite Four.