Chapter one

*SORRY FOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING MISTAKES.

"Um, Lennox?" A soft hesitant voice called out from the top of the stairs.

He turned away from the television to look up the stairs and there she was. His little princess.

In only a baby pink hoodie and fuzzy socks with her hair thrown up in a bun, looking as adorable as ever.

His eyes softened as he patted the seat next to him, "Come here Lana."

She didn't comply instead she looked around while saying, "Um...Is Leo around?"

Lennox stayed silent.

Lana knew what that meant. Especially since his expression started darkening.

She hesitantly took step forwards until she was standing right beside. him.

The other presence in the room only crossed his arms and leaned his back on the couch with a brooding look on his face. As if he was waiting for something.

Without waiting any further, Lana seated herself next to the silent man. From then, there was silence.

Again, she was aware of what was wrong. Or rather, what she had done wrong.

It had only been a couple of days since Leo brought someone she had never seen before over. He introduced Lennox as an old friend who he happened to stumble across when he was getting home from work.

The first thing that came into Lana's mind when her brother introduced him to her was that, the man was peculiar.

He didn't smile at her or even say hi, he just stood there staring at her with his dark eyes. Of course Lana took it to the heart, she was a softhearted girl after all.

"Hi I'm Lana," The girl who was literally bouncing on her toes brought a hand out to shake.

Her brother never bring anyone over to their house so she thought he might have really trusted this friend, so she decided to welcome him as warmly as possible.

When the man only stood as still as the stone, Lana was offended.

A pout came onto her face. She's not gonna let anyone ignore her like that, so she took matters into her own hand and grabbed the man's hand at his side by her outstretched one and shook it on her own.

For a second, the man's face contorted into one of which Lana couldn't catch what it was but maybe she had imagined it because it disappeared just as quick.

"Hi Lana." There was a little smile tugging on the corner of his lips and Lana gasped before brightening even further.

"See i knew you were a nice man, you were just shy." She exclaimed smugly, so confident and sure that the man was just shy.

She hasn't changed at all.

Her brother who was paying attention to their interaction silently all this time suddenly let out a chuckle. "Yeah sure, he's shy alright." He was being sarcastic but Lana couldn't catch his sarcasm, like always.

Lennox's mouth quirked up into a little smirkㅡ which again, disappeared in a flash. Nobody caught that.

Oh, he is far from shy.

But he'll let her think whatever, as long as she's happy and as long as her attention was on him always.

Now, a couple of days later, Lana had kind of learned what kind of man Lennox was as the man had practically made her home, his home. He came so often to the point that Lana sees him in the house more than she sees her brother.

At least Lana thought she understood. The depth of the man's mind was far too complicated and dark for her to ever understand.

But at least she was aware of what pleases him and what bothers him. Like for once, disobedience.

For some unknown reason, Lana noticed how much Lennox hated it when she disobeys him. Even her brother does not mind her not listening to his orders every once in a while so why does she had to please someone she barely knows?

The answer was right there. She doesn't like it when Lennox was upset at her for and as well as the fact that he intimidated her.

She had only known the man for a couple days after all. It takes time for her to get comfortable around strangers.

Lana fidgeted around with her fingers guiltily before breaking the silence, "I'm sorry Lennox."

The said man glanced at the little lady sitting beside him with her head down and felt his heartstrings getting tugged at.

Without a word, he threw an arm over her shoulders and pulled her closer to him.

He could feel her snuggling into his side and he swore he had never felt such content.

I had let go of you once,

Looking down to gaze at the blissfully unaware girl, he felt his heart clenched.

but only a f*cking fool would do the same mistake.

Now that he had her in his embrace, he doesn't plan to let her out of his sight ever again.

He would never let her go.

---

hi..... ><