Normal

It was an average Friday night at the Smith home. Stan and Francine were on a date at Loco Larry's, Hayley and Jeff had left for a festival for a weekend of fun and weed, and roger was nowhere to be seen. Steve and Snot were all alone just hang out in his bedroom, the two of them just sitting on the bed and playing a video game, but something was a little bit off.

"Boom! I totally got you dude!" Steve laughed and playfully shoved Snot, but he just gave him a look and sat down his controller on the bed.

"Snoooooot," Steve whined at his best friend who hadn't stopped pouting for days, "what's wrong with you? You've been moping around for the last week, and you refuse to tell me why!"

Snot sighed, "Can't we just try to hang out like every other Friday night? It's not that big of a deal."

"yeah we can," Steve crossed his arms and huffed, "after you tell me whats up with you." Snot just glared at him and kept his mouth shut. "Oh, Come on! The silent treatment? Really!" He took a deep breath and looked into his best friend's deep, dark brown eyes. "I just want to know what's up with you, buddy."

"Steve," He started, "I just- I don't think I'm ready to talk about it." He paused a moment then quietly added, "with you."

Steve was shocked and pissed. He and Snot had been friends for years and they basically told each other everything, how could he just keep something from him?

"What do you mean!" He fumed, "You can't talk to me about this? I'm your best friend! and friend don't just go around keeping secrets from each other like we're on a shitty daytime soap opera!" Snot could really tell Steve was really angry with him now, his voice was climbing up an octave every ten words.

Snot sighed again, raking his hand through his hair, "Look, Steven, I'm sorry. But I don't think you really want to hear this. And I don't know if I'm ready to share it quite yet." He looked at Steve with pleading eyes, silently begging him to not push the matter any further.

Steve relaxed, his anger draining from him the second Snot gave him that look. It was kind of amazing that the boy could control him like that with just a simple look. He gave him a small smile, placing his hand gently on his shoulder. "Okay, Snotters. Just know that you can trust me with anything. I'm your best friend."

Snot smiled back at Steve. His heart fluttered just a bit as he pulled him into a hug. "Thanks, I think I really needed to hear that." Steve gave him a hopeful look as they pulled away from each other. "Still not going to tell you," he grinned as he threw Steve a controller, "rematch?"

He just smiled, glad to see his friend acting a bit more like himself. "You're on, but you're totally getting your ass kicked again.

Their night had gone on like usual, playing video games for hours and talking and laughing before deciding that they should move onto something else. Tonight they thought that they should just relax and watch a horror movie. Steve volunteered to the popcorn and drinks from downstairs, leaving Snot to decide what movie to watch.

Steve quickly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, making his way to the cupboard to grab the popcorn. He opened the package and placed it in the microwave, then he moved on to the refrigerator to grab their drinks. Everything seem normal until Steve closed the refrigerator door, finding a figure lurking behind it. Steve shrieked as he jumped back, his hands pressed against his chest in an attempt to calm himself.

"Hello, Steve, it good to see you, too," Roger grinned at him as he opened the fridge once more, pulling out an entire box of boxed white wine, "thought I would take a night to relax and enjoy this by myself tonight. I earned it!"

Steve leaned against the counter, taking a few deep breaths to relax and get his heart rate down. "Roger! What are you doing here! I thought you were off on a bender somewhere!"

Roger chuckled, "What and miss all the fun kinky stuff you and your boyfriend do here?" Steve's jaw dropped as he stared shocked at the alien. Roger continued, "oh, Steve, don't pretend. I know how you teenagers are, with your horniness and such."

"What!," He was genuinely shocked, "Snot is not my boyfriend! I'm not gay! And neither is he! I don't- I don't even know why you would even..." Steve trailed off sputtering indignantly.

Roger sat the Boxed wine on the stool next to him and grinned as he shook his head. "Oh, it's like I'm too drunk all the time to not notice what you two have going on."

Steve rolled his eyes in disgust, trying his hardest to hide his slight blush. "we don't have anything going on. We're just two friends, watching a movie."

"Yep, just two friends, cuddling up next to each other in dark room. Wonder what could happen." Steve tried to cut him off but he just spoke over him. "Now, if remember correctly, teens tend to get a little frisky during dark movie times. All I'm saying is you should use protection. And lots of lube, tons of it." Steve's eyes widened and he began to retort, but before he could, they heard someone coming down the stairs. He realized it was Snot coming to the kitchen, and pushed Roger into one of the cabinets under the counter.

Snot peaked in the kitchen to find Steve nervously smiling while trying to casually lean against the table. "Hey, Steve, you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, all good here!" He nervously chuckled, "Why would anything be wrong?"

Snot raised his eyebrows, "Well, for starters, I could hear you shriek from all the way upstairs. That's a bit concerning."

"I was just...," Steve scanned the kitchen for an excuse, "I was scared by the microwave! The beep was just really, uh, shocking."

Snot stared at him as if he grew a third eyeball, "Uh, ok, well are you ready to go watch the movie?"

"sure , I'll grab the drinks."

"I'll get the popcorn, since you're so scared of it."

The two of them made their way back to Steve's bedroom, arms full with snacks. They sat on the bed, Steve making a point to sit with at least a few inches in between them. Snot grabbed the remote to play the movie, he choose 'It Follows', since it was one of the few horror movies they hadn't seen on Netflix. Everything was playing out normally, the movie was playing and they just eating popcorn and chilling. Steve really thought the movie wasn't all that scary.

Until the first jump scare. Steve jumped and wrapped his arms around Snot, as he buried his head into the crook of his neck. Snot chuckled slightly, slowly wrapping his arm around Steve to pat his back. Steve quickly pulled away, stuff like this was probably the reason roger (and most likely others) thought they were together.

"Sorry I-" Steve started.

"No, it's okay." Snot cut him off. They locked eyes for a moment, as he glanced at Steve's lips, his gaze quickly returning to his eyes. Steve suddenly realized that they were way too close, and was it getting a little hot? It felt like the room was getting a little too warm. He forced himself to break the contact and stare at the TV. Everything was normal, this was normal.

He was normal. He didn't like his best friend like that.

Well, maybe he did like Snot a little bit. No, Steve shook that thought out of his head. This was all just Roger trying to get him, he really did liked girls, he had had crushes on tons of them. Steve decided that he was definitely straight, and tried to go back to focusing on the movie.

Everything was normal.