Good, Really Good

Snot woke up surprisingly early the next morning; 10 am. He was used to not waking until the afternoon most Saturdays, but today everything just felt, better. He didn't have to feel guilty for keeping this secret anymore, it was like this huge weight he'd been carrying around forever was just lifted off his shoulders and thrown on the floor.

Snot rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and letting out a hoarse good morning, being surprised when he didn't get one back. He reached over only to find that Steve's side of the bed was completely vacant. It was strange, Snot was used to waking up next to Steve right next to him. He was probably just in the bathroom or downstairs eating breakfast with his parents or something.

He laid in bed for another 5 minutes before deciding that he should actually get out of bed and find Steve. But first he really needed to go to the bathroom and brush his teeth, he really hated morning breath. Snot grabbed his toothbrush from his dark green duffel bag and headed to the bathroom and, no Steve.

After his trip to the bathroom Snot went down stairs to the kitchen expecting to find Steve in the kitchen eating breakfast with his parents and weird uncle. Instead, he found him all alone making eggs the way Snot likes them, scrambled.

"Where is everyone?" Snot asked, surprising Steve who hadn't noticed him yet.

"Well," Steve looked up and smiled at his friend in the doorway, "My mom woke me up about an hour ago and told me that Hayley got a bit too drunk at the festival and got into fight with another wasted girl. Jeff tried to break them up and ended up getting knocked out. Anyway, they all ended up getting contained." Steve rolled his eyes, "Only my sister would get herself into bullshit like this." It wasn't that bad though, Francine said that the festival was only an hour or so away, they shouldn't be too long.

"I guess," Snot just shrugged and moved to lean on the island in the middle of the kitchen, opposite of Steve, "So it's just us this morning?"

"Yeah," Steve tried to swallow the lump in his throat and hide the slight blush on his cheeks.

Snot laughed, "dude don't get so nervous, I promise I won't hit on you." He winked and added, "unless you want me to."

"Eggs are done," Steve chuckled nervously, turned off the stove and grabbed a plate, taking eggs and three pancakes and sitting at the table. Snot followed suit, taking the seat right next Steve. He had to admit that he felt just a little bit of pride in making the brunet  blush. Maybe he would start flirting a bit more often.

They sat eating in an awkward silence, the only sounds being that of their forks scraping their plates. Steve was avoiding all possible contact with Snot, still trying to convince himself that he was totally straight. All was good, yet awkward.

After breakfast the two went to the living room to catch up on Doctor Who. Neither of them were able to pay much attention, both of them too distracted by their own thoughts.

Snot couldn't stop thinking about how nervous, and maybe even a bit distant, Steve was acting. Usually Steve would wake him up and they would eat lunch and talk about what they were going to do that day and everything was good. They would never just sit in silence and ignore each other. Was Steve mad at him? Was he nervous because he thought Snot was into him now? Not like he would be wrong, but still. All he wanted to do was just ask him what was wrong, but he was too scared to find out. Snot settled for staring intently at the boy on the other end of the couch, just trying to figure him out.

On the far end of the couch Steve was hoping that Snot couldn't tell that he was stressing out. Turns out, sexuality crises were not fun. There was part of him saying he didn't like his best friend at all, yet there was another part say of course he did. He always wanted to cuddle when they were watching a movie, he blushed every time Snot complimented him, and they practiced kissing on pretty much a weekly basis, and he liked it. He really liked it. Just as much as he liked kissing girls, maybe sometimes even more. And honestly, Steve could see himself being in a relationship with Snot. Fuck, maybe he was bi.

Suddenly there was a soft buzz in his pocket. Steve fished out his phone to find a text from his mother that read, "Sorry, sweetie! We had some complications wont be home for a while! Love you !!!! xo" Steve exhaled sharply, tossing his phone carelessly to the recliner on his left.

"Hey, Steve, what's up with you buddy?" Snot asked while scooting closer to Steve on the couch.

"Nothing! I'm fine, totally fine! I'm good!" Steve gave an unconvincing smile and fiddled with his red over shirt.

Snot sighed, "No, you're not. Something's bothering you, I can tell." Steve hated that Snot could see right through all of his bullshit. Everyone else blindly believed him when he acted more confident than he felt, but not Snot. He could lie but there was no real reason to, Snot would end up pulling it out of him one way or another.

"I might have a crush on someone."

"Really? Why are you so freaked then? You've had crushes on tons of girls before!" Snot smirked and lightly shoved Steve.

"Yeah, well," Steve began as the corners of his lips tugged upward into a slight smile, "it's different this time."

Snot scoffed, "How?"

"It might be a guy."

"What?"

Before he could say anything else Steve gently pressed his lips to Snot's, then quickly pulled back. Snot was just sitting there with an expression of pure shock.

Steve panicked,"I'm sorry, I just, I-"

Steve was cut off by Snot cupping his face and kissing him. Steve was a bit surprised, but quickly responded by wrapping his arms around Snot's waist and kissing him back. He decided that kissing Snot was a lot different than kissing girls. When he kissed girls there was always a little voice in the back of his head that told him to make it perfect and try to get more, but with Snot it was so easy. It was soft and there was no pressure to push it, he felt so relaxed. They broke apart grinning like dorks and slightly blushing.

"Steve," Snot began, "I've liked you for a really long time, I was just too scared because I just, I didn't think that..." he trailed off not knowing what to say.

Steve locked eyes with his best friend and smiled, "I really like you too, Snot. I think I have for a while."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't I? You're amazing," Steve's blushed darkened and his eyes widened as he realized what he said, "I mean, I just, you-" he stuttered.

Snot smiled to himself as he watched Steve struggle with his words and blush. He looked so cute. Snot slid a little bit closer to him on the couch and gently kissed him on his cheek. "I think you're amazing," he gently whispered as he took Steve's hand in his and intertwined their fingers.

Steve took a deep breath building up the courage to say what he really wanted to. He turned to Snot and looked into his eyes, "Snot?"

He dragged his thumb softly over Steve's and smiled, "Yes?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?" 

"Of course." Snot grinned and kissed him again. It felt good, really good.