CHAPTER 1

The characters in this story are slightly based off my friends in real life. And I'm Daniel because that's my name in real life. All ideas are based off of Percy Jackson so all rights go to Rick (best author ever) Riordan. Most of the songs will be by Skillet which is my favorite band. (this is my first story, so I hope you like it)

Falling... falling... falling, I look around into the murkiest of murk; the perpetual gloom of a moonless night. "Is that light?" I croak. For I feel as if my throat is a desert under the evening sun, my stomach, a void. Why does the light refuse to come closer? I think to myself. I close my eyes and when I open them, I see a blindingly white light. When the spots dance away from my eyes I think I must be hallucinating, for in front of me (or really below me) lies the most beautiful land any can lay eyes on. I see vast forests and lakes, grasslands and mountainous land rising into the heavens. Oh no! I think, for I am still falling. I black out.

I open my eyes and look at what I am sure are my horribly broken legs. They are fine, in fact I do not feel any worse than I did in that hole. Thinking about the hole makes me look up, but the only thing there is just beautiful skies in all directions. I need to find food and something to quench my thirst! I get up and walk around, looking for the vast bodies of water I saw. I see someone running towards me from the shadowy forest. He is bare-chested and has goat legs, "Are you a satyr?"

"Yes; my name is Michael but you can call me Mike, what's your name?"

"My name is Joel; can you tell me where I am?"

"You are in the Valley of the Gods."

"Don't you mean God?" I ask.

"No, I mean the Greek gods." Mike replied.

"Wait, does that mean I am a demigod?"

"Yes, but how did you get here?"

"Well I was walking home from school when I saw a satyr. He was holding a club and was motioning for me to come, and like a fool I did. He looked like he was going to say something, but his eyes got wide and he slammed his club on the ground. A circular void opened beneath me and I fell into it. A giant dog jumped over the pit, and I saw shadows erupt from where the dog had jumped. The satyr poked his head over the closing pit and...wait a minute! That satyr was you, he looked just like you." Mike was about to respond when a girl and a boy ran towards us.

The girl looks older than me, she has brown-blonde hair with bronze armor and a leaf shaped sword that is also made of bronze. The boy looks to be the same age as the girl and is carrying a scythe; a three foot long, curved, bronze blade on a five foot, leather-wrapped, steel rod. He has dirty-blonde hair and also has a sword in a scabbard that is hanging off his waist and a knife in a pocket on the side of his pants. The girl has a kindly, joking expression on her face. The boy wears an annoyed, almost angry expression on his face. Their faces are almost opposites, but the girl is holding the boy's hand when he approaches. Then a look of recognition creeps onto his face, he thrusts his hand that is holding the scythe down and the blade collapses, then the handle shrinks to about 3 feet long. He starts toward me with a calm look on his face; then he gets angry. He punches me in the gut so hard that I black out for the second time today.