"Bullshit"

7-10-19
"Klaire?"
Aiemy's voice cuts through my dazed state, causing me to let out somewhat of a hum and move my gaze back to the prim and proper woman in front of me.

"Blackwood, are you even listening?"
My agent sighs, shuffling the papers in her soft hands and moving her glasses further up the bridge of her nose.
If I am being honest, I wasn't listening. I was too focused on figuring out how to accept her brilliant offer.

"Is this about the Miami shoot?"
My lips allow an impatient question to slip. She laughs softly, staring me down.
"Yes, it could involve the Miami shoot but we need to focus on the problem at hand first."
Her voice gently coos. A nervous groan tumbles throughout my body and I huff.
"What's going on?"
I lean back in the old wooden seat, My knee tapping gently against the palm of my sweaty hand as my leg bounces up and down. Am I breathing?

The Miami shoot is a HUGE deal for every model here in Los Angeles. If you get picked for this exclusive shoot, the chances of you getting signed by a big label when you arrive are very, very high. I have been in this industry for more than 3 years, It's my passion and I would do anything to be one of those selected models.

   "We have been reviewing your latest photos and you are definitely in mind for the shoot."
   I watch her hand move through her hair as her old blue eyes train on the paper in her steady hands, I'm assuming they are my latest headshots.
  My breathing picks up and I can't go stop the childish, eager nod that is causing my head to bobble up and down.

       "...but."
There it is. What the fuc-

     "We need to see some more out of your comfort zone products from you. We know you can do it and we know you are capable of what we ask for."
    Did that really just come out of her mouth. This is ridiculous. I do everything I can for this company and what do I get? Nothing.
——-
    "Seriously though, Ella, what am I supposed to do?"
   I ask my beautiful roommate as another piece of pineapple pizza finds its way to my pink lips and my eyes flutter closed in pleasure.
    I hear her little snicker due to my orgasmic reaction to the fatty food.
    Her name is actually Estella but she feels like that is too complicated. Let me start off by saying Estella is stunning!
   Dark brown hair, Golden, sun-kissed skin and vibrant emerald green eyes. She is from a gorgeous Latino family and she takes very closely after her mother, Analia. I would do anything to be part of her loving family.
    We have been living together in our own apartment out here in L.A since we graduated high school and we love it. There is absolutely no separating us.

"I think you are the perfect model and you are doing fine. I do see where she is coming from though."
   She fixes a strand of loose brown hair that falls in front of her line of sight.
    "You just need to experiment and try new ways of getting gigs."

  I listen carefully, wiping the corner of my lips and letting my eyes widen at the amount of grease I stare down at. She continues to ramble on as I shrug it off. I want to enjoy myself.

    "Ok, Little miss daydreamer. I'm tired. Go to bed or you are gonna look like a zombie tomorrow morning."
  She teases. I yelp and toss the empty pizza box at her, causing us to both burst out in laughter and I roll my eyes.
   "Goodnight, bitch!"
I call down the hall after her. She lets out a weird gurgle in response and I smile.

*******
I unclasp my bra and let a satisfied moan roll of my tongue as I toss it to the ground.
Best. Feeling. Ever.
Try to prove me wrong.

The familiar ding of my phone echoes through the quiet, dark room and I glance over at the now bright screen.
Confusion washes over me and I raise an eyebrow, staring down at the unknown number displayed harshly against the soft, pastel yellow lock screen.

My hands are slow at first, reaching over to pick up the phone but move much quicker when I see the preview of the message.

Unknown Number: Hey cutie🥵

I sort of let out a snicker. Who the hell is this bitch?

Me: Sorry, who is this?

My thumb hesitantly hovers over the white button, I shrug and tap "Send"

Unknown Number: Ha! Very funny Emma. Don't act like I don't know how much fun you had with me last night;)

Me: Hmmmm, Emma obviously didn't have the best time because she gave you the wrong number. Sorry.

Unknown Number: Oh. Ouch. Well, you seem fun. The name's Shawn. Shawn Mendes.

A very loud, deviant scoff erupts from my mouth and I begin laughing, pressing my hand to my lower stomach.

Me: Ha! As if. Nice try, bitch. My name is Klaire. Now, what's your real name?

Unknown Number: You don't believe me? Again, may I add....Ouch.

That's enough of that for one night. I delete the conversation and shove my phone under my blankets and waddle to my bathroom to brush my teeth.
Another loud noise rips through my sleepy state and I roll my eyes. Wait- Is that my phone ringing. Of course it is. This should be fun.
My feet carry me back to the messy bed and I pluck my chiming phone from the white comforter.
I quickly click the green button and press the phone up to my ear.
"Oh my goodness, Shawn Mendes. I can't believe it's you."
I say in an over-exaggerated high tone and breathy pants.

"Woah. I didn't think you would be this excited."
A deep chuckle and familiar tone filters through my ear.

Bullshit.

A/N
How do you guys like the first chapter? I hate my writing skills but I'm trying. Also, It would mean the world if you would at least check out my newest book, 'Not so Close.' I'm working on both at the moment!-Kylie