Chapter One: The dark

We sat in the back room of the garage talking in the dark. The only time light stepped foot in the room was during the day. We rambled on about things neither of us cared two licks about, but continued because it meant that we were talking to one another. I was happy it was dark in the room because it meant he wouldn't be able to see the ridiculous smile he puts on my face every time I hear his southern slang. Eventually he gestured me out the side door leading us outside to where the sound of crickets field the air. He grabbed my wrist stopping me.
Miles grip tightened as he prepared himself to talk.
"Emerson, has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?"
A soft smile grew across my face as I replied to him.
"Yes Miles, you"
He grasped my waist forcing a warm kiss onto my lips, causing his hat to fall from his dark curls, onto the dirt covered ground.
The warmth from his tongue breached my mouth forcing an entrance.
I pulled back grasping for air yet he pulled me in once again causing me to stumble backwards. I pulled away looking at him, taking in everything I've ever missed about him in the daylight.
In that moment, I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me and how every time he calls I have to wait a minute to pick up because I'm trying to control the smile racing across my face. But instead I insisted we go back inside before our friends notice we're gone.