T W E N T Y T H R E E

edited

It is now Wednesday and mum is getting better every single day - that's what the doctor told us this morning. She might even come home tomorrow and we'll be okay again. Martinus calls me every single day since Sunday, and when I see his name up on the phone my heart rate quickens more and more every time.

Max is already back to his 'sleep-in-the-couch-with-popcorn' routine, MasterChef blaring on the screen while I watch him from the corner, shaking my head. Athena is also back on track after hearing that mum is okay and has started making plans for Helsinki.

"We're having two shows in Helsinki to make it up," I say to Martinus when we catch up. I sit on a garden swing, dragging my feet along the dew-damp grass. "Next week."

"That's so cool," Martinus breathes, "we'll see if Marcus and I can come around and watch."

I laugh, "please do."

"I'm going to also have two meet and greets," I explain to him and I feel myself overwhelming in excitement, "the people who's had my previous tickets are all allowed to go. Athena thought of that and I am the happiest girl on earth."

I hear Martinus give a throaty chuckle and I feel my stomach do a flip. My cheeks are probably reddening right now, but that's okay, the cold will hide that.

"So... how's Gia going?" Martinus asks.

"She is getting a heck of a lot better," I say, smiling a little while looking down at my feet. It is very dangerous to smile to yourself while talking on the phone when Max is around, he's going to get the wrong idea.

"That's great!" I hear the relief in his voice. He cares...

"Maybe you'll get her to come when you have your shows in Helsinki?" Martinus says, almost hoping and somewhat suggesting. "I really want to meet her, she seems like a very nice person and mum."

I grin wider than I have ever grinned before, "of course."

"The doctor's also said she can probably come home tomorrow!" I say, squealing as I tighten my grip on the swing.

"That's even greater!" Martinus answers, I can hear the smile to his voice and again, my stomach does triple backflips and an aerial with several twists before doing it all over again.

"I'm so happy for you right now," he says and I feel my face heaten up, "you deserve it."

"Thanks," I say quietly and I try so hard to getting my face back to its normal temperature.

Martinus suddenly laughs, "you know what's crazy?"

I hum and he continues talking. "Max somehow found my number. We get along pretty well actually..."

Riiigghhtt....

"Aaand.. what do you know? He told me that you would always...always... blush when you talk to me," by the tone of his voice, I can tell his smirk is wider than it is from the west to the east.

Maximus Collins, you traitor. I would say that it is only because of the weather but no matter how much I deny it, I realise it is true and my face is flusing red so I bury my face in my hand, adding a groan.

"Oohh... what's that? A Serafina admitting something?" he teases, "that's a first."

"Tinus!"

"That's okay, baby, just as long as I'm the one making you blush and not anyone else," Martinus says smugly.

My heart skips a beat. And another. And another. And if it keeps skipping beats I may as well die. He called me baby... my face reddens again and I swear, my face is going to be a permanent tomato if he keeps talking to me like that. My stomach does flips again and I panic. What is happening to me?