28

"Where are you going?"

"I have to leave"

"Why?"

"I have work"

"Can't you be ill? I wanted to spend the day with you"

"Doing what?"

"I don't know. Just have a lazy day here or go out and get some food and walk around a bit"

"I only work till lunch today. Why don't you come to my work around one then we'll go get some lunch and explore LA?" He nodded.

"I'll be there at one" He smiled. I leaned down and kissed his cheek as I quickly pulled on an outfit and went to have a quick breakfast before leaving.

***

"Oh my god, you really are dating Luke Hemmings" Tia, my coworker said. The store was pretty empty right now since most people had just gone back to work and the lunch rush was over. We were stood chatting behind the counter in the middle of the store. We'd done all the tasks that needed to be done today. I turned to see that Luke had just come into the store.

"Hey, Mads" He said as he approached the till. I walked around the front and hugged him as he kissed my forehead.

"Wait, is this your half day?" Tia asked me. I nodded. "I thought that was next week. Now I have to put up with Michaela until 5"

"I'm sorry. She's not that bad though" She glared at me. "Fine, she's a gigantic bitch and I feel for you. I really do. Oh, Luke this is Tia by the way. Tia, Luke"

"Nice to meet you" Luke said and she just smiled, nodding as if to say you too.

"You in tomorrow?" She asked me.

"All day"

"I'll see you then, bitch" I rolled my eyes as she chucked me my bag that was behind the counter. I caught it and put it on my shoulder before turning to Luke.

"So what's for lunch?"

"I have a few ideas" He said before taking my hand in his and leading me out of the store.

***

"This is the cutest fucking restaurant ever"

"I thought you'd like it" It was borderline hipster and extremely millennial but it was quiet and relaxing and the food looked incredible.

"Hi, I'm Sydney. Can I start you guys off with some drinks?"

"I'll have a watermelon lemonade please" I told her.

"I'll just take a water" Luke told her. She nodded.

"Are you guys ready to order your food or not yet?"

"We're ready. I'll have the classic burger please"

"And a tomato and mozzarella calzone please" She took our orders and walked off.

"So, how are you?" Luke asked.

"I'm good?" I said, questioning why he was asking me such a formal question.

"Maddie, I've seen the hate you've been getting"

"Oh, that. I ignore it. It's fine. We discussed this before"

"That was before we posted everything from mine and Crystal's birthdays"

"I want to be open with your fans about us. They're more accepting then"