Chapter 8

There was so much laughter in the distance.

All I could hear were laughing children. I came closer, walking through a long, dimly lit hallway.

I saw myself.

Smiling, having the time of my life.

I was wearing a puffy, light blue dress, covered in floral. My hair was pulled back into a ballet bun, right on top of my head. My face was covered in dirt, my dress plastered with mud.

I heard someone calling my name in the distance, and as I turned around, my very own mother ran right through me. It was like I was a ghost.

"Bailey! Your dress!" she screamed.

The children I had been playing with left, scared my mother would do something. I looked to the ground in shame, while my mother lifted my head.

"You don't need to be playing with them. The villagers bring trouble darling. You don't want to get in trouble do you?"

My younger self shook her head 'no', then my mother took her away. Now that I understood what my mother had told me, years ago, I should've known better.

If only I kept playing with those kids, maybe I could've prevented the accident. The only reason it happened was that I no longer was playing. Because my mother forced me to stay inside the castle instead of hanging around with village children.

The scene changed, showing the inside of a carriage, that had broken down, curtains torn to shreds. 10 year old me sat, covered with broken glass all over herself. Crying.

A small, glowing object came towards her. I instantly remembered the moment. I wished for help, someone to come rescue me. It was a fairy that had given the wish. Only she turned out to be a liar. She made my dead parents disappear, same with my ability to use magic. Cursing me with the fact that I couldn't have it until I had true love.

She made me believe it would never work since my parents were fighting all the time. Never had I thought that that day would be the day I met the one I loved.

Peter.

Did I just say that?

Guess this weird, flashback I'm playing in my mind while my body is unconscious is pulling out the truth.

Woah, slow down.

You're not making sense.

I'm in love with Peter.

Peter's in love with me.

Wait, I'm in love?

Lights Down Low by MAX