Min Yoongi (The end)

Rain thundered all around us, clouds as dark and grey as my soul felt now overlooked the sky. I could no longer be the way I was with him much less myself, I sought comfort in the things that made me feel numb, and the alcohol tended to be my savior in such cases. 

The setting was fitting for today, the day my heart would finally break.

I set down the bottle and went over to my room to prep myself. Smudging red lipstick on my lips, mascara and eyeliner. I didn't like the way red looked on me...red lips were her trademark...not mine. I smudged the lipstick across my cheek with the back of my hand. 

I didn't want to remember anymore. 

I wanted to forget all about her existence, how she had taken everything from me and then took it for granted tossed it aside and left. 

Now this is all that we were left with. 

I dressed myself in all black, grabbing my hair in a pony tail and reached for my phone where a message from Yoongi had arrived. 

"Let's break up." I read aloud. 

He had sent the first message two days ago but since I hadn't replied he must have thought I hadn't received it and resent it thirteen more times. All the same message. 

I texted him back now to meet me at our old high school. I knew he was back in town, I'd heard the whole neighborhood talking about him practically. There wasn't a secret that didn't go undiscovered in this town. 

I grabbed my purse and keys before heading out the door, looking up at the sky I opened up my umbrella and let out a cold sigh. 

+++

I headed up the stairs to the roof where I could hear the sound of piano music lingering. It had been so long since I heard that tune. I came to realize as I reached the last step that this most likely would be my last day hearing it too. 

Plastering a smile on my face I entered the room just before the rooftop and inside was Min Yoongi playing the piano. He was too focused and absorbed into the song that he hadn't noticed I was there. 

I walked over to him taking the seat beside him and pressed a few keys, his eyes flashed open and he stiffened but he didn't stop playing and instead we both continued the song. Together we harmonized in silence both of us softly stroking each key our hands occasionally grazing one another but nothing left our lips. 

We reached the end of the song and came to a stop. 

I heard the bench creak and felt him shift beside me, my eyes wandered over to where he was now. His back against the wall, arms crossed over his chest looking at me. He waited to hear whatever it was I had to say. 

I had plenty, an earful practically but instead I pressed on the piano keys. I felt the anger subside for a moment and in that moment I envisioned a true love, someone who would really appreciate me for who I was. 

Yet for some odd reason he was the person I thought of. 

"Mika I don't have much time." Yoongi says. 

Looking down at the keys I scoff, smiling. "You never did. Never had time for me." 

I shift in my seat. "It was always her, you were blinded by her and didn't once take a step back and look around you..." 

"What would I see?" He asked. 

"Me." 

He looks away. "You and I..." He paused.