The Stone

"I AIN'T SAY NUTHIN' PIG! I AIN'T SAY 'UTHING!"

Captain Jack sparrow winced as one of his prison mates screamed on the top of his lungs that same sentence, over and over and over again.

Jack sat slumped against the dirty cold stone wall of his cell, boredly fiddling with a piece of straw.

Streams of sunlight filtered through the barred window, and the sound of seagulls and the gentle lapping of the ocean floated in from outside.

"I AIN'T SAY NUTHIN' PIG! I AIN'T SAY NOTHIN'!"

"Ugh!"

A guard leaned against the wall of the prison, rubbing his forehead.

"Will you please stop saying that same sentence please!" The guard groaned, adjusting his tri-corner hat.

The prison mate who was chained to the wall frowned.

"I AIN'T SAY 'UTHING COW! I AIN'T SAY NUTHANG!"

The guard face palmed and shook his head.

Jack grinned.

These guards, he thought, snickering silently. I almost feel bad for them, having to bear with this.

"God give me strength..." The guard mumbled and sighed, crossing himself.

He looked crossly at the prisoner and rolled his eyes. He wiped his sweaty brow with his sleeve.

"Thanks for changing the animal..." He muttered sarcastically.

The prisoner smiled through his thick beard, showing his rotten black teeth.

"Yeh welcome laddy... but yeh won't get nuthang fro' me..." The prisoner said.

Jack watched them both, hardly believing what he was seeing.

The guard wasn't interrogating him, he just wanted him to draw up a will before he got hanged.

Jack thought they were all idiots, to be honest.

The guard clenched his jaw, his teeth set.

"Fine, you git! Forget this ruddy will buisness! No wonder you got caught in the first place! Your an idiot!" The guard said, looking hysterical.

Jack watched the prisoner with mild amusement.

The man raised his chin up, his pointy nose reaching up to the ceiling.

"Sticks an' stones 'ill break meh bones..." The prisoner said in a self righteous voice.

The guard made a strangled choking noise and stormed out of the cell, slamming the cell door so hard the metal shuddered.

He walked off, muttering:

"Idiots.. All little idiots..."

Jack leaned forward, a question springing up.

"So what you in for mate?" He asked.

"I AIN'T SAY NUTHANG YEH RUDDY COW UDDER! I AIN'T SAY NUTHING YEH BLURB MILKER!"

Jack frowned deeply, an eyebrow raised.

"Blurb milker?" He repeated quietly, trying the taste of the world in his mouth.

He shuddered and stuck his tongue out.

"Mergh! Weird tasting word..."

The prisoner looked puzzled.

Jack couldn't really explain it, but it just tasted weird and sour in his mouth.

He spat and leaned back against the wall, listening to people's voices outside.