James?

Ok so around this part is when i really go really far away from the show concerning the backstory of a few characters, Natsu, Gajeel, and Levy being the three main ones because when i wrote this i didn't know their backstory all too well, especially Levy's, so all i ask is that you keep an open mind about everything you're reading from here on out. Please don't burn me at the steak or anything, i hope you enjoy how i've written them. I also want to say, that the Dragons Tongue that the slayers speak in sounds like growls and things of that nature more then it does actual words, when written down its as you read before, i just wanted to say that so people knew.

-----

     "Do you think it could be Natsu?" Lucy asked, Levy nodded, "Yeah I think so, wait.. Wendy called him James didn't she?" Levy called Wendy over, and the pre-teen skipped over happily, "Hey guys." Lucy got right to the point, "Did you call Natsu James?" Wendy shook her head, "No, why?" Levy sighed, "We found this journal, we thought it was Natsu's but all the entries are signed James." Wendy frowned, "Lemme see it please." Lucy handed over the journal, and Wendy opened it to one of the more recent writings.

     Dear Dia- Journal,

     I'm rooming with Gray for our trip. This couldn't have come at a worse time though! Mating season has my senses going wild over him. I can't even sleep at night because of his smell, i can hear his every movement through the walls! Sometimes i want to punch myself, why does it have to be him? Why does it have to be a guy that will never look at me the same way i look at him? I can already feel the pain of rejection settling in, i may have to lose the bet and tell him just to get it to stop. No, i can hold out, I'm not losing this bet with the slayers over a little chest pain. Who ever can hold out the longest wins, and i'm not losing this bet. Thirteen years and counting i've waited, whats a few more days?

                                       JAMES

"Oh my gods!" Wendy dropped the book and ran over to Natsu. "I knew it, so Natsu is James," Lucy looked over at Natsu, he was next to Gray, they were fighting again. It was hard to tell, but you could see a small smile on both of their faces. Lucy turned back to Levy and sighed, "Let's put it back." Levy thought for a moment and nodded. They talked for a minute before Levy decided told Lucy where to put it, unfortunately Natsu had noticed it was gone, and saw it in Lucy's hands. "Y-you didn't mean to read it did you?" Natsu asked, walking up to Lucy and Levy, Levy chose to lie, "No, we found it and we were gonna see who it belonged to." Natsu took the book and smiled, "Thanks." Gajeel started laughed, saying something that came out as more of a growl then anything else. Wendy yawned, "I'm sleepy." Levy and Lucy nodded, Erza and Mira kicked all they boys out, and they all got settled in bed. "Hey Erza, pay me." Mira-Jane said with a smirk on her face. "Shut up," Erza sighed and handed Mira the money. "Wait what?" Lucy asked, confused. "Erza and I made a bet about 15 years ago that Natsu was gay, turns out i was right!" Mira-jane smiled and Erza scoffed, "Whatever, i'll get that back when Gray comes out." Levy laughed, and so did Lucy. "Everybody knows he is, but he's too stubborn to say it." The others nodded in agreement before nodding off to sleep.

     Meanwhile the guys were having fun messing with Natsu. "So is it someone we know?" Laxus asked, taking a drink from his cup. Natsu nodded and Romeo, who woke up not too long ago, asked, "Are they in the guild?" Another nod. "Are they the type to take on missions or do they just hang out around the guild?" Happy asked, Natsu paused before responding, "He does sometimes." Laxus and Gajeel knew Natsu was head over heels for Gray, and Gray knew Natsu didn't hate him in the slightest. Gajeel was the next to torture Natsu, "Hair colour?" Natsu froze and answered, "Raven black with just a hint of dark blue at the roots and a streak on the left side." Natsu covered his mouth and blushed. Gajeel busted out laughing, and Romeo looked confused, "Do you really pay that much attention to his hair?" Natsu nodded again. "Alright, last question... What type of magic does he use?" Happy asked, looking dead serious. Natsu smirked and answered, "Very strong magic." Then he ran into the bathroom. 'Come on Natsu, how could you say that about his hair?' Natsu asked himself. He turned on the water and splashed some cold water on his face. "Idiot," he whispered to himself. Gray snuck into the room at some point and was looking at his hair, "Is it really like that?" Natsu jumped up on the counter as a reflex, Gray laughed and helped him down, "I could've gotten down myself." Natsu grumbled. Gray smiled, "I know, but i wanted to help you." Gray hugged Natsu from behind and Natsu smiled, "Get off of me, Ice Princess." Gray hugged tighter, "In your dreams Flame Brain." Natsu pushed him off and walked back into the main room. "I'm sleepy," Happy announced, yawning. Lily yawned too and nodded. Gajeel stretched, "Yeah i think it's time to go to bed." The others agreed. Gray flinched, the disc in his neck started to get hot, burning him every so slightly, he brushed it off and laid down. After about twenty minutes, Natsu pulled out his journal and wrote a longer entry then normal. Once he was done, he set it back in it's hiding place, and fell asleep.

-----

999 words exactly. I feel proud