Prolouge

Gary Bettman smirked down at the small switch sitting in the middle of a dark room in the NHL headquarters. "This switch will finally end Tampa's run as the most annoying team in NHL history, and send them back to the bottom of the standings where they belong." He said in a smug voice, followed by a chuckle.

Steve Yzerman stared forward blankly, tied to a chair in the other end of the room, a perfect view of the switch. "You cause any harm to them in the MLB and you're done for. They will hunt you down."

"Oh really? The past times you tried that it ended in utter failure." Bettman replied, a not-so-nice-grin on his face.

"That still won't stop them." Yzerman added flatly.

Bettman sighed and said,"I should have duct taped your mouth when I had some, but let's get this show on the road, shall we?"

Without another word, Gary flipped the switch, sending two sets of blue particles into the air above. One side was darker, and it zapped and buzzed with electricity. The other was lighter, and water dripped and floated around it. All of a sudden, both sets ran through each other, to sit on the opposite side, and slowly fade into darkness again.

Bettman laughed and said,"It has been done."

"Tell me again why you made me sit through that." Steve mumbled, glancing at the switch.

"Your whole roster is being changed, what general manager wouldn't want to see it all go down?" Bettman asked, a grin still plastered to his face.

"Using that logic the rays' GM would be here too, so why didn't you invite him?" Yzerman replied.

"Do you think he'd answer to me? In such odd circumstances?" Gary questioned, turning from the switch to Yzerman.

"The chances are low but existent. It would've been nice to give the man a heads up." Steve replied, glancing up at Gary.

Surging towards Steve's chair, Bettman grabbed Yzerman's shirt collar and growled,"He wouldn't understand the hatred I have for you and your team. He also doesn't know me as well as you do." Letting go of his collar and starting to untie Yzerman, he continued,"Say anything about this and your days as a GM will be no more."

"Noted." Yzerman muttered, getting up and walking out, without another word.