Chapter One

Lavender was considered physically challenged due to her height and weight. When she was born, she weighed 1 pound but was 2 feet tall. Doctors immediately took her away from her mother to run tests on her. She would not eat much but seemed to function fine. The doctors gave her back to the mother, calling it a birth defect, and that she would have to stay at the hospital so they could see what they could do for her. They ended up keeping her in the hospital for two years, and then giving up. Nobody thought lavender would ever survive. She had only a mouth and ears. Her ears were very small slits on the side of her head. Lavenders mother had strong determination that her daughter would be fine, so they grew up like a normal family.
Lavender was homeschooled from third grade and up because of the constant complaints of parents and teachers. They all had the same reason, she was too large and distracting for students to learn. Her mother was constantly trying to get her to listen, or trying to speak up. She eventually gave up.
By the time Lavender was 13, she was 8.3. She was extremely thin, and that scared her mother. Her mother started feeding her constantly. "You need to eat more, you're skinnier than a stick!" Or "Come on now, doesn't this food look so yummy?" Lavender was constantly forced to eat. She gained 4 pounds every week, so her mother continued to feed her.

When Lavender turned 15 she asked about her father. Her mother stopped short and looked at her. "He's dead." She never asked about him again.

When Lavender turned 18, she had seen enough about how when you get old enough, you move out. Her mother denied her ever moving out.