Hit The Road Jack

Writers Note: I am so sorry it's taken me forever to update!! I've been outta town and I had no wifi :( it was terrifying. Haha. But i got back today and i would have updated earlier but i was busy unpacking and i got kinda sick.. Anyways, I entitled this Hit The Road Jack cause that's what I was listening to when I wrote it. So yeah. And I wasn't sure how I felt about this chapter, I thought it was almost too much but I feel like it will all come together and be okay. So just bear with me, thank you :D and thanks for all the reads and votes, you guys are great!!

Scott's POV

His deep, soothing voice was so sexy.

"Is that a yes?" Liam asked me.

Two little kids ran down the hall happily by the front desk where a lady was focused on some paperwork. I stood by some chairs outside of Mitch's hospital room.

I smiled into the phone, "Sure."

I heard a smile back in his voice, "Okay, I can't wait to see you." He said quietly.

"Me too," I responded chuckling a little. I hung up the phone, "Who was that?" A voice startled me. It felt as if I jumped two feet off the ground.

I grabbed my chest where my heart would be and I breathed trying to calm myself, "Avi, you scared me."

"Who was that?" He asked me again, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Just a friend," I brushed him off like it was nothing. But Liam defiantly wasn't nothing, he was so much more than that. I'm not sure i have ever felt this way about someone before. It sounds crazy and I know people say that a lot, but he makes me so happy. I get wonderful butterflies in my stomach when I see him, or hear his voice, or even when someone says his name. I wasn't sure if I'd recover from Jacob but then Liam came along.

Avi stepped closer to me, leaning in, "Just a friend, huh?"

I pretended to do something important, avoiding eye contact, "That's what I said, isn't it?"

"Go get ready for your date, I'll just tell them I sent you home to get rest." He gave me a half smile. My heart leaped in happiness from Avi's favor.

I picked up my head and stopped avoiding his eyes, "Really?"

"Of course. You need a break," he patted his hand on my arm.

"Thank you, Avi," I said grinning.

"Just go," he shooed me away and I did as he said, I ran out the doors and caught a cab home.

••••

Mitch's POV

We all turned our heads to the door opening and Avi walked in.

"Is Scott still on the phone?" I asked eager for him to come back in.

He sighed and looked at the celling, "No, I sent him home."

My heart sank, Scott left me?

I nodded in disappointment, I knew he wasn't just going home. The curtains rippled from the wind again. I shivered and got goosebumps from the cool breeze.

"Want me to close the window?" Kevin asked me, leaning towards it, ready to close it. They would do anything for me, mostly because they think I could have died.

"Sure." I responded sad that Scott left me in my time of need for Liam.

"You okay?" Kirstie asked studying my body language.

I put on one of my fake smiles, "Yeah, I'm just kinda tired."

She nodded tiredly as well.

"You guys should go home and get sleep, you all look really sleepy." I said leaning towards Kirstie sitting at the edge of my bed.