chapter 25

After several hours of operating on Cyber's hacking, she still couldn't hack through the network.

"You should get some rest, Cyber. You need it," Mishiga told her, patting the cyborg's back.

Cyber was seemingly in fatigue, as she was also panting. "No...I can do this," she tried to convinced him.

"No. Just rest. This is an order from your master," Mishiga told her, using the 'master' part into good use.

Cyber hesitated but then nodded as she went to the bed Mishiga was on and fell asleep. Mishiga put a blanket on her.

And that was the wrong time when Asudo came in and got the whole situation so wrong.

"What....the...." he then slowly went out. "Don't get the wrong idea," Mishiga yelled out.

"Then why is she on your bed?!" He asked, coming into the room. "She's sleeping, obviously," Mishiga replied.

"And panting?" Asudo asked again. "Probably because-" he gestured Asudo to come closer.

"Cyber's trying to find a way to hack through Monokuma's network and get help from the outside," Mishiga whispered.

"Oh....you little!" Asudo suddely slapped Mishiga, before winking at him, as they both knew very well that they were being watched.

"What?! What's wrong with that?!" Mishiga asked, his acting skills kicking in.

"That's bad, y'know! You can get her pregnant or something if you do that!!" Asudo replied, and after a few seconds of silence, they face palmed.

"Why were we talking about Echo again?" Mishiga asked. "That's because you like him, y'know," Asudo told him.

"Yeah. Good point," Mishiga said, thinking. "When are you gonna confess?" Asudo asked.

"When we get outta here," Mishiga replied. "That's the best way to confess!" Asudo said, patting Mishiga's back.

Mishiga nodded before getting straight up to his feet. "Let's check the fourth," Mishiga said.

"You go. I'm too tired," Asudo said, going out of Mishiga's room.

Mishiga sighed. "Why do people keep asking me to do all this work?" He muttered.

He then went to the fourth floor for exploration purposes. Weirdly, he was the only one there.

"I expected other people to go and explore," Mishiga muttered that was when suddenly Monokuma appeared.

"What is it that made you come here?" Mishiga asked. "That cyborg of yours," Monokuma said.

"Cyber? What about her?" Mishiga asked, raising an eyebrow to Monokuma.

"She's gonna explode in 30 seconds," Monokuma said and almost instantly, Mishiga kicked Monokuma so far, it was in comparison against an American football player punting.

He then ran to his room, counting the seconds in 'one thousand' basis.

(E.g: one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, etc. This is used by the army to count the seconds. It is surprisingly accurate, if you don't say it slowly or quickly.)

When he reached his room, it was 'one thousand and twenty five', and he saw that Cyber was standing, smiling and crying.