Rickon Stark - "What's the matter, sweetie?"

You were exhausted. You couldn't remember the last time you had been this tired. So you leaned back in your chair and stared at the direwolves, asleep in the corner of the kitchen. "They're so cute when they're asleep..." You whispered and you let out a sigh.

They were also beautiful, all of them. And it wasn't hard to guess why the Stark children loved them so much. The wolves carried that Stark passion and fire and maybe, maybe they also carried the characteristics of the Stark children taking care of them.

"What's the matter, sweetie?" Rickon grabbed the chair next to you, his lips curled up into a smirk. He never seemed to run out of energy, he never seemed to get tired and he never seemed to listen to anyone. A trait he shared with his siblings.

"What's the matter?" You shook your head and widened your eyes. "You seriously ask me what's the matter after we've been training that wolf of yours for hours?" You let out a deep sigh and leaned back in the not so comfortable chair. "I'm happy to help, but you have to admit it's kinda draining."

"Draining?" Rickon smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I think it's fun." He stared at the direwolves and his eyes lingered over his, the wolf he had called shaggydog. "It's a pity they still sleep so much. I could have played with him all day."

You rolled your eyes, but you felt your lips curling up a little. You didn't even doubt him. You didn't doubt that Rickon enjoyed playing with the wolf a lot more than everything else he had to do, than all his other obligations. You knew that he especially hated sitting still and having to play nice.

It was a good thing that Rickon was not born as the heir of Winterfell, as the oldest. He wouldn't be able to stay polite when strangers got on his nerves. He wouldn't be able to control the fire racing through his veins when someone who make him angry.

You liked that about him. You liked it that you never needed to doubt him. You knew that if he didn't like something, he would tell you. You knew that if he told you that he did like something, he meant it. And since he didn't pretend around you, you knew that you didn't need to pretend around him either. "I don't think you'll be able to play with him much the upcoming days anyway."

Rickon's smile faded and he dropped his shoulders, forgetting about his posture completely. "I know, I know. Mom and dad are hosting a ball and we all have to attend and be nice." He stuck out his tongue and made a face that showed pretty clear how he thought about those kind of occasions.

"I'll be there." You looked at him and the grin returned to Rickon's face.

"I hope you don't mind keeping me company then, because else I won't make it through this whole thing."

"I'm not going anywhere, apart from to bed now. Because you can maybe play with that wolf for days straight, I need some beauty-sleep once in awhile."