They Seem A Hundred Years Away

Just a bit of context before you start reading (otherwise you'll be more confused than my sister when she tries to read anything that isn't Shadowhunters fanfiction).

This isn't really a story. This is something that I wrote during an exercise at a drama camp. We were each given a book and we had to find a phrase/story/poem that.... "spoke" to us, then just spend 20 minutes writing whatever came to us in response to it. Naturally, mine crossed the line between rainbow-shitting unicorn happiness to an absolute explosion of self-pity and anguish that is almost more depressing than Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (almost, but not quite because....Fred) in less time than it takes to say my full name, which isn't long considering my name is pretty short...ish (P.S It's Sasha Jayne O'Connor, if you were wondering.....you probably weren't but anyway).

Anyway, I hope you still like it. If not, oh well I don't really mind. It isn't like something that I spent hours and a lot of work on. Plus, it is quite random. Honestly, I don't truly understand it entirely, and I wrote it. I may end up using parts in other stories, but for now, I'll put it here to keep it safe.

Anyway, enjoy.

xoxo Sasha Jayne Malfoy

P.S The "Malfoy" part is an inside joke (*cough cough* *cough cough*)

P.P.S The title is the line that I chose. I think it was the title of the poem I chose, but I'm not really sure.

***************************************************************************************

Slipping away. Through my fingers. Slowly. Seconds to minutes. Minutes to hours. Hours to days. Days to weeks. Weeks to months. Months to years. Hundreds of years away in a single moment, long enough to be significant but too short to truly capture.

And then it creeps in. The feeling of darkness, of a crushing emptiness.

A million thoughts twist and turn, a chaotic dance rushed by the overwhelming madness that has taken over your mind. One thought stands out above all else. One thought whose firm persistence cuts through the frantic screaming from the rest of your thoughts. This is the thought that makes your chest tighten, engulfed in the embrace of the iron bands of insecurity and fear. The thought that makes your heart speed up as if it could outrun the thought. The thought that sucks the breath from your lungs, the thought that leaves your head spinning, the thought that causes your body to shake, a contained earthquake that originates from the fault line dividing your now broken heart.

The screaming gets louder.

This time, it's real. It's you who is screaming.

You can't stop.

Not when everything that has been bottled up and brewing for weeks, months, years, suddenly pours out of you, taking and taking, taking until there is nothing more.

And then it keeps on taking.

Stripping back the facade you show the world, leaving behind only the raw, beaten, broken person you really are. Highlighting every flaw, revealing every secret thought and feeling. Stripping you of all your falsities, until you are left with nothing but the very core of who you are.

No matter what your upbringing was like, whether it was a perfect dream or an unshakeable nightmare. No matter what you've done, whether you've been kind or cruel.

It shows you who you truly are.

***************************************************************************************

Again, I really have no idea what that is really about, but I like it.

Of course, since I had the chance I did edit it a little bit, but nothing super drastic just deleted some lines and added few.

Song is 'Over The Rainbow' by Todrick Hall. It is from his Straight Outta Oz show and is such a beautiful song.

Please let me know in the comments what you think. Also feel free to send in ideas, prompts or requests. I'll write a story on almost anything.

xoxo
Sasha Jayne Malfoy.