08.

Oliver and I sat for the rest of the afternoon, not talking about much, but I found myself comforting him a lot as he repeatedly went back to talking about how his parents treat him now. I couldn't understand it, Oliver tells me he's innocent, he must've told his parents the same thing. How could your parents not be your biggest supporters? I know my Mom would've been my biggest supporter throughout every hurdle in my life.

We were similar in that way, I had lost my mother and in turn my father had lost himself. I no longer had that strong family standing behind me, I had to be strong for myself knowing that the only people in my corner are Ashton and Henry, my father was so distanced from us now. Whereas Oliver might as well have no parents at all, his parents have as good as disowned him. Their snobbery overcoming their love for their children, their pride and ego holding firm over any other emotion they may feel towards their son's imminent death.

It was near seven pm when I finally left Oliver, he had fallen asleep on the bed as I crept out the cell. I walked back to my office and rubbed my temples, it had been such an emotionally tiring day. I entered the office and sat at the desk, quickly pulling my pen and note pad out, making brief notes to expand on when I got home.

I packed up and shut my office up ready for my return in the morning. I walked down the now quiet hallway, my shoes the only noise. I looked at Oliver's cell as I passed and sighed deep, leaving the death row unit I bid goodnight to Jerry on the desk. Henry was just coming through the doors, ready to start his shift.

"Only just finishing?" He smiled as he saw me, holding his arms out for a quick hug.

I nodded and wished him luck for his shift, pulling my phone out of my pocket I called Ashton, it rang continuously before he finally picked up.

"Hey baby" He almost shouted a little too enthusiastically

I laughed "Hey, you up for some company tonight?"

I heard him groan on the other side of the phone "I'm still at work baby, I'm sorry"

"It's no worries" I smiled, I was disappointed of course "We're both racking up the hours"

I said goodbye and dialled a taxi number to take me home, I waited for another ten minutes for it to arrive. It was cold whilst I stood there, I looked back at the doors. I wished I could go back in and just speak to Oliver, I felt bad for just leaving him and not being able to let him know that I was leaving.

The taxi pulled up in front of me and I climbed in, giving him my address before we set off. I pulled my notepad and pen out my bag and began expanding on the brief bullet points I had already made. I carried on doing this until the driver informed me that we were here and he needed his payment, I pulled the change out my purse and handed it to him before thanking him and packing my things away. I stepped out and walked up the drive, I took my shoes off as I came through the front door. I called out to Dad to let him know that I was home, he shouted back that my dinner was in the oven.

I walked in to find Dad lounged out over the sofa watching the tv, he didn't look up at me as I walked past and into the kitchen to fetch my dinner; spaghetti and meatballs. I grabbed a fork and headed up to my room with my bag. I set my plate down on the bed and began getting myself ready for bed, a quick shower and change into my pj's before slipping into bed and taking a bite of my food.

I pulled my notes back out and carried on again, noting everything that had happened today making sure not to miss anything out. I finished my plate and put it on the bedside table beside me, my phone vibrated in my bag on the floor. I pulled it out, hoping it would be a call from work telling me that Oliver wanted me in.

It was Ashton, I answered it and pressed the phone between my ear and shoulder whilst I continued with my notes "Hey baby"

"Chloe" He slurred, clearly drunk "I really miss you my baby"