Intro: B

"And are you sure you don't need any extra money for groceries? Or paying back some of the loans?" his mom questioned from the other side of the line, making Baekhyun sigh for the umpteenth time.

"Mom, I have a job now and I can pay for my own things. Please take care of Kihyun and yourself instead of worrying about me."

His mom hummed as she thought about Baekhyun's words, giving in after a few seconds of silence. "I guess you're right... But if you ever change your mind, just give me a call, alright?"

Baekhyun agreed, even if he knew that he'd never actually ask for his parents' money, and only after the general five-minute-long farewell did his mom hang up. He let his phone drop onto his mahogany comforter, ruffling his light-brown hair in frustration before falling onto his back with a huff.

It hadn't been long since he had started his third year of college, and Baekhyun honestly thought that—other than learning about methodical procedures and programming language theories—he had gone nowhere.

He still didn't know how to properly manage his time and he was constantly swimming in debt, not to mention how his social life was hitting an inescapable plateau.

Luhan was the only friend that Baekhyun had, and that was solely because they had met as children and continued since. If Baekhyun were to talk about any romantic relationships, he'd only be able to mention his two flopped dates with the same girl... Other than that, Baekhyun had never properly dated, held hands, kissed, or other... stuff.

It was then that the door to their dorm opened and Luhan's familiar voice filled the silence, pulling Baekhyun out of the detached state his thoughts brought him to and instead, made Baekhyun focus on the mop of blond hair falling onto the bed opposite to him.

"So, how have you been enjoying your hermit life in our dorm?" Luhan questioned, turning his head to the side so he could see Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shrugged, deciding to return his gaze to the ceiling instead of staring at Luhan who was most likely judging him. "It's only been one week, Luhan. I swear that I'll be more social this year."

"Uh huh," Luhan said as he turned on his side and propped his head up onto his hand. "And how many times have I heard you say that?"

Baekhyun didn't reply, because frankly, he didn't think he could recall all the times he had said that.

The silence was an obvious answer to Luhan's question, and the older let out a laugh as he sat up, folding his legs and sitting criss-crossed so that he could stare straight at Baekhyun. "I'll believe you if you go out with me for some fun tonight."

Baekhyun groaned, rolling over so that his face was buried in the sheets. He grumbled unintelligible words as he clearly opposed to Luhan's idea, wanting to spend his Friday night cuddled up in his blankets with a good K-Drama to watch.

"Come on, do it for me? Please?" Luhan asked, and Baekhyun didn't have to see him to know that he was using his puppy eyes. "Think of it as something to celebrate the success of our first week at college."

At that, Baekhyun spoke a little louder into the sheets, his tone accusatory. "I wouldn't label 'success' as getting an email reminding me that I've only been paying a quarter of my student loans each year."

"Good point." Luhan agreed, looking around the room as he tried thinking of ways to convince his best friend to do something fun on a perfectly fine night. "How about this," he proposed, "I take you somewhere real nice and pay for all the expenses. That way, you can use your money on something better..?"

For a moment, Luhan thought that his bribery had failed because all he got for an entire minute was silence, but he was proved wrong when Baekhyun lifted his head, peeking at his best friend with an interested look on his face.