Sneak Peek Of Chapter One

The sister princesses, you've heard the plenty of stories of their adventures, and their misadventures. The elder sister, Celestia; her kindness and beauty is adored by all. Helping rise the sun each morning and caring for us all each day. She rules with as much grace and charm as a butterfly, but is tougher than the king of the dragons. Then there's the younger sister, Luna; a loner, feared by all for her madness. Foolish and odd, she was uncultured in the ways of her own subjects and always kept to herself. She rose the moon each night and ruled in the land of our dreams; chasing away the monstrous dark of our subconscious minds. But she still frightened fillies, mares, and colts alike for her differences.

That was until their epic battle many moons ago.
Luna was young and wasn't ready for the responsibility that was forced upon her. She had taken over for her father who had passed just a few years prior. For those long years she felt unwanted and unloved while her sister got all the glory. The ponies were joyous in her sister's day but always slept though her beautiful night. Even in her presence they did not love her as they loved her sister.

The day her mother passed was the day she lost her will to serve her people.
In her frantic madness she thought that forcing people to live under her moon for all of time would give her the happiness and respect she so desired. But with her misjudgement and pain, she created something far more evil than her imagination ever dreamed. Nightmare moon was born the day that Luna lost the battle against her own sadness. The pain of loneliness had infested her heart with the darkness she had long fought to destroy. Once it had dug it's heinous talons deep into her mind, she had become but a shell of her past self. The black caused the dreadful transformation into the shadow of her aspirations and made her do terrible things.