4. Doll

Vish finished the rest of the questions with difficulty. She couldn't stop herself from thinking of her poor little brother. Luckily, she only broke down once that day. When she finally wrote the final answer, Vish started wandering the house.

Carlos took quite a while. She started to get worried. Vish was more paranoid with Ben's disappearance. Everything could be a problem. She heard the click of the front door a few minutes later.

"Carlos?" She called out.

Vish ran out of her room to see Carlos collapse to the ground.

"Oh my god! What happened?" Vish kneeled down and pulled up Carlos.

"I was accused of being a vampire."

"But you ARE one?"

Carlos coughed.

"Yeah, but I got beat up for it. They even stole the hot chocolate."

"That's impolite...... We'll buy some later! I should take you to the hospital!"

The man shook his head.

"No.... Finish your homework."

"I did. I'll drive!"

Carlos protested against her, but was obviously failing to convince Vish. He was soon walking (with the support of Vish) to the passenger's seat of their white buggy (named George).

"Of I see those bullies, I'll beat them to a crisp!" Vish exclaimed angrily.

"No need to get violent....."

Vish's face softened.

"Sorry, just sense Ben left..... I've been more on edge."

Everyone has a doll they want to be. A figure that's perfect. Vampires already have a disadvantage at achieving perfection. In truth, it's impossible. Dolls are known to be beautiful. Humans aren't beautiful. They're selfish, only surviving for themselves. But it's okay, that's just another stereotype.

If you think about it, being perfect is just that. A stereotype. Being a black vampire, defeats the stereotype.

Vampires caring for more than themselves destroys the doll that was set for them. Ben is reckless, but it's okay. He's being himself! What's more perfect than that?

"Looks like a broken rib and fractured nose. You might have a few bruises here and there." The nurse stated.

A nurse is expected to be a kind woman who is lovely to be around. This nurse is a man who is strict, and straight to the point. He's a single parent with a pair of twins.

"Thank you." Vish said with graditude.

"If I didn't help, I'd be fired."

Carlos laughed.

"I like this man." He clarified out loud.

The worlds imperfect, that's what we love about it.

"Quiet you!" Vish said strictly. "If you like that nurse so much, follow his instructions and sleep!"

They laughed and did as they were told. Both breaking dolls. The porcelain faces shrinking from view. All they needed right now was each other. Soon they hoped, with Ben.

~~~~~~~~

Vampires drink blood because they don't have their own. There for, a vampire can bleed. They loose the blood they collect. They can eat normal foods but don't necessarily require it. They have to have new amounts of blood at least once a month. Depending on the vampire, they'll need it up to once a week. Vish needs blood twice a month, Ben needs it once a month, and Carlos once every two weeks. Good day.