Insecurity is like knife in you chest

We finally arrived. The car ride was silent, after Niall found out how insecure I was. I never intended to be insecure, but it just happened. To be honest, I thought I had more confidence then I actually do. But Niall proved me wrong.

I interlaced my arm around Niall's. He lead me into the ballroom.

As soon as I walked in, my mouth hung in awe. I clung onto Niall's arm, as I stared at the room amazed. I heard Niall snicker. He kissed my cheek. "It's almost as beautiful as you." I giggled. Leave it to Niall to flatter me.

The was a giant crystal ball that hung from the ceiling. The glass was different colors, in shades of purples and blues and pinks. All around, were ladies in dresses that were ten times poofier then mine.

The boys went to go greet who ever invited them. Niall left me at the dessert table. Dangerous place. I nibbled into sweet and sour pastries. I felt someone tap my hip. I turned around and saw a little girl. "You with Niall?" It was a little girl. Her Italian accent was quite strong, and her english wasn't that well.

I nodded with some type of tart in my mouth. Her face lit up with a smile. "You is Niall's girl friend?" she asked, less shy this time. I just nodded. I hate to admit, I'm socially awkward. Her face lit up with another smile. She was so adorable. "You pretty." I smiled as best as I could. "Thank you. But you're even prettier." The little girl blushed. I bent down to her height, as she attacked me with a hug.

I hugged the cute little thing back. She looked in my eyes. "You- ca- thin-" I looked at her confused. What was she trying to say? Her English wasn't that well, so it was hard to understand. Then it clicked. She wanted to meet Niall! Of course! I'm so dumb. "You wanna meet Niall?" I asked.

Her green eyes grew wide, and she nodded. I grabbed her little hand, and made my way to where Niall was. He was talking to who ever invited us. I tapped his shoulder politely. Niall turned around and whispered, "Brook I can't talk tight now." I frowned and looked at the little girl. "Aw, that's too bad. I have your biggest fan here, and she wanted to meet you." The little girl looked like she was about to break out in sobs.

Niall quickly turned around and bent down to her eye level. "Hello!" he said with his biggest smile ever! She hugged him and clung onto him tight. He hugged back and chuckled. She pulled away and smiled back at Niall. "I'm Niall! What's your name?" he held her little hands. "Jolene." "That's a beautiful name! You wanna take a picture Jolene?" He said cutely. She nodded.

Turns out her dad was the owner who owned this ballroom. He's also the one who invited us. His name was Joe. Niall picked Jolene up and smiled at the camera. "WAIT!" Jolene screamed. Niall looked at her, "What Happened?!" She pointed to me. And waved for me to come to her. I walked over to them. "You too!" she whispered. I giggled. Niall wrapped his arm around me. I smiled as the camera flashed, meaning the picture was taken.

Niall hugged Jolene tightly and kissed her cheek. He set her down. We watched as she skipped off to her dad. Niall turned to me. "Care to dance, princess?" I blushed and nodded.

Niall pulled me into him. With his hand on my lower back and one of our hands interlaced. We swayed as the orchestra played. I closed my eyes. This moment was too precious. I opened my eyes, and Niall twirled me.

After a while of dancing I decided to head to the ladies room. As soon as I walked in a swirl of smoke attacked my airways. I coughed and choked on the smell. I walked further in, and I saw a girl. She was holding her cigarette lightly.

She eyed me. "You Niall's girl?" her accent was also Italian, but her English was a bit better. I just nodded. I looked in a mirror. I fixed my curls and put on some lipgloss. The girl came up behind me and looked in the mirror. "Oh you're so cute with your insecure self." I bit my lip. My insecurity was my weakness. "You're so insecure, that you know you'll eventually lose Niall." I sighed, she was right.

I still had no clue why Niall was with me. "Well, love." Her voice emphasized on the word 'love', obviously making fun of me. "I can promise you that I'll have Niall soon. You don't have to worry any longer." She made one of my curls wrap around her finger.

I pushed her away and stomped off to Niall. It wasn't that big of a deal. But my insecurity got the best of me. The fact that I ever could loose Niall. It scared me. Niall made me feel so pretty. Loosing him, I'd feel so..... I don't even know what I'd feel.

I headed back to Niall. He smiled big and wrapped me in his arms. I stayed quiet. I couldn't even process what had just happened. A normal person would brush it off, but I couldn't let it go. I felt insecure about every part of me. The fact that she new I was insecure, was a blow. Like someone had just injured me with their bare hands.

"Brook? You alright?" I nodded quietly. Niall sensed something was wrong. Well obviously...... I had shut down. Niall walked me to the car. "Brooklyn, what happened?" I just stayed quiet. I had completely shut down. Niall kept saying my name, but I drowned it out. After the car ride, we walked in the hotel. In our room, he was screaming my name. I finally had snapped back to reality. I flung myself in his arms. "DON'T DO THAT BROOKLYN, PLEASE." I heard Niall sob as I buried my head in his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright well here's the drama. I know i know.. it completely sucks ._. Gah, i hate this chapter. >.> Oh well! Next chapter is long, and i put alot of my emotions into it. enjoy :)

NatalieXoxoxoxo