Announcement: Thank you so much!

I apologise. This is not the chapter you were waiting for. The next chapter is currently still incomplete. I will try to post it as soon as possible.

I wrote this story with no intention of ever reaching so much as 50 reads. However, not long after posting it, I found out that it already surpassed my expectations. This motivated me to continue writing. A big shout-out to those that had been supporting me since the beginning!

Thank you all, especially those that bothered to vote. Thank you for reading so far. Thank you for not abandoning this story after Ino's chapter.

When it hit 1.2k, I began to plan for a story that my readers may be interested to read. Now, when it actually hit 1.7k, I would like to post it as a way to show my appreciation for all of your continued support. This story is about what it would have been like if the transmigration cycle of the sons of the Rikudō Sennin was somehow interrupted.

~

Title: From a Life Long Past

Synopsis: Asura and Indra. The two sons of the Legendary Rikudō Sennin, also known as the Sage of the Six Paths.

Asura, the younger of the two, was a pacifist who believed in his father's ideals, that peace is achieved through bonding with others. By having an understanding between the people. However, Asura was no born prodigy. He was a genius of hard work, strong in his own right.

Indra, the older of the two, believed in his grandmother's ideals. He believed that humans were incapable of achieving peace, that it was best to force them into submission with a much stronger entity as their ruler. He was a prodigy, born with his father's eyes, albeit a degeneration of it. Instead of receiving his father's metallic purple dōjutsu, his eyes were blood red with three black tomoe. He called it the Sharingan.

At first, Indra had been easily able to beat Asura in their spars. It gradually got harder, until the brothers started to draw in their fights. Indra could not accept that his good-for-nothing little brother had reached his level. He just couldn't.

Indra was even further enraged when his brother was chosen as his father's successor instead of him. He believed that as the older and the stronger, the position ought to be his.

And so they fought, only for it to be an unbreakable draw.

These two brothers had a lot of chakra. When they died, they never truly did die. They continued to exist in the world, their chakra occasionally latching on to that of one of their descendants when they are born.

And so their feud continued as they were constantly "reborn" in a sense. They never had any memories of their pasts. They only knew that they were supposed to fight a member of the opposing clan. They only knew that their goal was to defeat their rival. The clans eventually forgot the meaning behind their battles, eventually just fighting for the sake of fighting.

What if the cycle was broken?

What if the memories were retained?

~

If you like my writing style, you can check it out. You can find it on my profile. If you are interested, I also have another story titled: Reborn!

It is a time-travel fic with a different outlook, I guess.

I understand that there have been concerns that this story's characters have begun to become overpowered. Please do not fret. I am still introducing the characters. More progress would occur once the different sides of the story are written in detail. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you more as that would mean spoiling the story.

I hope that you will continue to support my story. Once again, thank you very much!