Chapter 10 (Innocent Culprits)

I was in my bed. Awake. Staring at the ceiling. Waiting for my alarm to go off. Dawn was breaking. I was lying, still. I couldn't sleep the whole night. Hybrid thoughts were churning in my head regarding school, books and Zach. I tried to shut my eyes and drown in dreams but it seemed impossible.

To be honest, I was feeling disappointed because Zach lied to me. I don't know why but my every thought has its tail connected to Zach. Why didn't he just come to me and talk to me? That would be much more acceptable. He is an experienced guy in talking to girls so there was no need to lie.

I was overloading my head with thoughts and so I felt a slight headache. In the meantime, alarm went off, screaming out that it's time to wake up but I already was. I turned it off. Sun was fully born and birds were chirping in my balcony.

I raised off my bed, lazily and marched towards the bathroom,. I took a shower that felt great. Once I dressed up, I heard a knock on my room door. I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Yes?" I responded to the knock but did not unlock it because I feared Harry would walk in and destroy something. That was his routine.

"It's mom, Lisa." An artificial lady's voice came from the other side with a prominent male's voice blended with it. 

Indeed, it was Harry.

"So you are trying to get intrusion in my room to invade something?" I asked while brushing my hair.

"You recognized me?" He was amazed.

"Come on, Harry. It was apparent."

I am blessed with a very funny, big brother.

"Alright, I give up. Now open up the door and come out of your room because we are running late." He announced.

"So this is another trick. Nice try." I chuckled.

"No, it's not. If you don't believe me then kindly check out the time." This was one of those rare moments when he sounded serious.

I glanced at my wrist watch and was completely shocked when it hit me that school will start in next 30 minutes. Our drive would take almost 15 to 20 minutes and I hadn't done my breakfast, then. I never went to school late and I did not want to spoil my record.

I immediately grabbed my bag and scarf. My bad, I spent a lot of time in shower, just thinking about useless things. I unbolted the door and began to demount the stairs in a hurry. I halted in the middle of my way when I felt the cold sensation under my feet. I was barefooted. I groaned and took my way to the room, again.

I clutched my shoes and decided to put them on in car. I made my way downstairs. In that whole scenario Harry stood there with his mouth open.

I was running towards the front door when mom interrupted.

"Where are you going? You have not done your breakfast yet."

"I am getting late for school." I neared to the door.

"But at least have some bread slices, dear." Dad said.

"With mayo or jam." Mom completed the sentence.

"No. I will eat something in school or on way. Good bye." Without listening to anyone's response I exited our apartment and rushed to the elevator.

As the elevator was descending I suddenly realized the absence of Harry. I gritted my teeth. I pressed the button that exhibited upward and was now going back to our apartment.

I came out of the elevator, furious. I kicked open the door, stood there and shouted,

"Harry, are you going to stand there like a statue for all the day long in front of my room?" My voice echoed through the entire apartment and the walls reflected my frustration and anger with perfection.