Path to happiness.

"I am in love with you even before and until now."

His words resonated in Hase's thought. Making her focused on the pavement they are walking on as she and Taiga makes their way home.

Taiga noticed the sudden silence with Hase and was trying to think how he'd break that.

Taiga's POV

Hase is so quiet right now. She's been like that since Kiyoshi-senpai talked to her.

Senpai must've told her something. Can't blame him because Hase recovered her memories now.

But as I look at her, I can't help but remain in love. It pains me to think that one day she'll leave me. But it hurts me more to see her torn like this. What should I do? I want to make her happy. I promised her before that no matter what happens and how many times he forget me, I will always be there for her.

It'and Hase refused to.come with me at practice. She'd hole up herself in her room all day. Coach is also worrying about her but I would just answer she's fine. Even though I know she's not.

I need to do something. I must do something.

End of Taiga's POV

Sigh. And another sigh. It's what Hase's been doing the past few minutes while holed up in her room. Reading thru her diary thinking of what she's been doing the entire time.

Things have become more complicated since Teppei told her that he loves her. She's very unsure of her thoughts and feelings at the moment. Thinking that she's been very selfish and greedy.

The sky is wonderful today. The clouds are beautiful and it is a good day to go outside. Hase thought of going out but then again afraid because she might run into Teppei again.

She wanted to figure herself out. Put herself together and organize her feelings. Tetsuya is right, she's hurting not only herself but the two as well.

Decided to go out for a breather, she stood up from her bed and stepped out.

Walking on the street, seeing people makes her thoughts busy. Averting her attention to the depression that is slowly eating her up.

She passed by the park where there's a rolling store of delicious crepes. Hase suddenly remembered things about that store. "Kiyoshi-san..." she mumbled with a solemn face.

"Hey! Excuse me. Aren't you Kagamicchi's cute girlfriend?"

Hase was surprised pulling her senses back to reality as a tall, handsome, blonde teen greeted her. She cocked her head to side wondering who this refreshing guy is.

"Oh, sorry. You must've forgotten already. I was the one who brought you to the hospital last time. Kise. Kise Ryota." Ryota gleefully introduced himself while his finger points to himself.

After the sudden meet up with Ryota, Hase and he were now sitting on a bench.

"I'm sorry, Kise-san. I didn't know it was you who helped me back in the grocery store. I only got a glimpse of you." Hase explained.

"Nah! That's okay, I understand. How are you doing now?" Ryota asked.

Hase fiddled with her hands sitting on her lap and smiled shyly. "I'm doing good. Thanks."

But Ryota notices that something is a bit off from Hase. It's as if her mind is somewhere else. "Is something bothering you, Hasechi?"

"Hasechi?" She thought. "Oh... I'm fine." She replied shaking the weird name off. Ryota didn't buy Hase's answer and raised an eyebrow on her, eyes asking for her to be honest. Hase just sighed in defeat as Ryota looked like a trustworthy person.

"Well..." her eyes scanning her surrounding avoiding Ryota's. "Fine..." Hase surrendered. She took a deep breath and exhaled and she looked away.

"If you loose your memories, and one day you were given a chance to choose the old memories or the new ones." Pausing a bit, giving Ryota the chance to process her question. "What would you choose?"

Ryota blinked his eyes in surprised and a slight a tint of blush on his cheeks. Actually he finds Hase cute but she's off limits of course. He blinked his eyes again to snap himself back to the topic. Then he looked towards the direction where Hase is focused at.

"Choose the path where you'll be happy." He smiled and looked back to Hase who looked back at him as well. "That simple. You may not choose at all but you'll be hurt even more."

Hase stared at Ryota's golden orbs and he may look like a narcissistic and idiotic kind, but he's making sense. "I really have to choose." She mumbled.

"You know what, whatever you are going thru right now, Kagamicchi will always be there for you." Ryota added still grinning widely at her. "I really envy him for having such a wonderful girl like you." He stretched his arms upwards and rested them on his nape.

After that refreshing talk with Ryota, Hase gave her thanks to him and went off. On her way to the apartment, she saw that the lights on their unit is already on. "Taiga, must be home."

When she reached the floor they live and entered their door, she noticed a lot of shoes. Hase thought that Taiga must've brought the team for dinner. She smiled at that thought and made her way inside.

While putting on her indoor slippers, she heard a familiar voice. Her mind started to run really fast that made her thoughts in disarray. She's not ready for this. She's not yet ready to face and give an answer to this guy.

Author's note:

My apologies for updating so late. I am done with the moving and all. However, I moved to a place that is far from the city. In short, I now live in the mountains. Hahaha. Seriously... Where reception is really bad, unless I go to the town and get a better one.

I am really thankful for your reads, comments, votes and follows. Don't worry because even if I have become a mountain person (lol) I am still writing and have never lost inspiration.

The beautiful sunrise and sceneries everytime I wake up to the sound of crickets at night, all these gives me enough inspiration to continue writing. Again thank you so much.