Chapter 5 | In Love

In Love

In Love

<>

It was extremely awkward standing beside Allison as Scott informed her how her mother tried killing him. Awkward because I feel the attraction Scott has towards me. Now I understand why he blushed during English and how he probably wanted to ask me out when we were in the car alone. 

 I see Lydia exiting her house with a very awake Silas. I get out of my car and greet the two. "Thanks for taking care of Silas for me." I pick Silas up and put him in his car seat in the back. "I owe you one."

"Yeah, no problem." Lydia smiles. "Uh actually, you can repay me by giving me a ride to the store. I need more ibuprofen."

"Of course." I close the back door and hop into the driver's seat.

Lydia gets into the passenger seat and starts directing on where we are going. Half way through our drive, I realize the directions she was giving me were completely wrong. Instead of ending up at the store, we ended up at Beacon Hills Swimming Pool.

"I'll be right back. I won't be long." Lydia quickly gets out of the car as she checks something on her phone.

"Lydia." I say getting out of the car and she turns to look at me. "We are not at the store."

She turns around and sees that we're at the pool. She then carefully starts walking towards the pool.

What the hell is she doing?

I quickly get Silas from the car and make my way over to Lydia who throws her hand over her mouth, muffling her scream.

"Lydia, what's wrong?" I walk over to see what she's looking at and I see a body floating in the illuminated chlorine pool. I turn Silas' head so he wouldn't look into the pool. "We should call the police."

Lydia completely ignores me and slowly walks over to the floating body. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead." She kneels down at the edge of the pool and turns the body around to reveal a dummy. She sighs in relief. "Are you kidding me?"

I sigh in relief too and look at Silas who is looking to my left. I look over to where he's looking at and I see a dead body sitting on the life guard chair. My eyes went wide. "Lydia."

She turns around and sees the body causing her to scream loudly. The scream was so loud, I had to chant a spell so Silas and my ears wouldn't start bleeding from the high pitch.